[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like my boyfriend a lot, and I think I love him. But there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1444517245606s.jpg (6 KB, 186x237) Image search: [Google]
1444517245606s.jpg
6 KB, 186x237
I like my boyfriend a lot, and I think I love him. But there are things he keeps doing that I just don't understand. Even when I've told him it hurts my feelings, he still continues to do these things:

>make fun of me for being slower mentally
>call me ugly, stupid, etc
>jokingly do things that terrify me, like put lit lighters in my face, or more recently, touch me with knives

I know he likes me in his own way. He's told me on many occasions that as much as he likes me, he hates the fact that I have such low confidence in myself, and that I'm unwilling to assert myself. Is he trying to get a rise out of me? I'm just confused...

I always make him angry whenever I try to talk to him about these kinds of things. I'm always worried he's gonna break up with me or tell me to go away if I push him to talk, though.
>>
>>16462038
I'm not the smartest girl, and I'm not the most attractive either. He's comfortable with me, and feels like he can "settle" with me. He acts like he's training me to be an adult.

I feel degraded and even more unattractive whenever I realize this about him. I like him a lot though, hes really goofy and weird. We have a lot of conversations and "arguments" because of our different opinions on many topics. We play fight and have tickle fights all of the time, and he pushes me to be better at the things I do.
>>
>>16462045
He doesn't respect my feelings though. When he really hurts me, he apologizes, but at that point I'm already crying and upset.

I don't even know what I'm trying to ask anymore. I'm just really confused. Please help me, /adv/
>>
It's kind of incredibly dumb for him to say you shouldn't have low confidence when he's constantly making fun of you. That's unfair to you.
Also, he should definitely not be calling you ugly. I understand jokingly saying that you're "stupid" (like in a cutesy way, I'm not sure if your boyfriend means it when he says it) but ugly?? Really?
He sounds childish as fuck and if he can't compromise and stop being a dick to you then maybe you're the one who should break up with him.
>>
>>16462053
>It's kind of incredibly dumb for him to say
this

op that guy is acting like a jerk not like a bf

> he likes me in his own way

and that is the jerky way

really you can do better than this clown
>>
>>16462053
Everytime I cook for him (all simple stuff, still learning) he says it tastes good. I dunno, he's always been supportive of the things I do. Just in his own weird way. He feels like positive reinforcement doesn't actually reinforce things.

At night when we're cuddling he's always really affectionate and sweet, but as soon as we're up for the day it's like the switchance comes off and he's an asshole again. He becomes less affectionate when I'm on my period, and that implies something that I don't even want to think about

It just hurts to lay this all out, because pretty much all of my relationships so far have failed. I either get bored of who I'm datibg, or they get bored with me. I really like this guy, and we've known each other for almost 2 years now. We've only started dating the past 4 months, though
>>
set him on fire "jokingly" desu
>>
>>16462038
>jokingly do things that terrify me, like put lit lighters in my face, or more recently, touch me with knives
He sounds like a well adjusted and rational person OP, I see no possible way this relationship could end up with your severed body parts being burried in a disused industrial unit.
>>
>>16462038
Hey OP, I've been in the same-ish relationship as you for a year and a half. Except my ex didn't use lighters or knives to my face... that is fucking dumb. If there's one thing that saves me in situations like that, it's that I am really fucking vain. If someone does something to ruin my skin or hair, I would hate them forever.

Get out while you can. The fact he knows you have low confidence and is doing all this shit just shows how he's willing to push your boundaries to see how far you'll go before you snap. He has absolutely no respect towards you and trust me when I say that soon enough he'll be looking to see if he can get away with having 2 girlfriends.

It's fucking hard, I know. My ex who was like this ended up being the WORST boyfriend I've had to date. He WILL try to manipulate you, guilt trip you, and even blackmail you to trap you in this relationship. For a while, he really did convince me that I can't do better than him. This manlet, Filipino with a toad face and small dick (4 inches, and he tried to convince me that was the national average...) really thought he was some prize.

I've been through 20 guys in a span of 2 years since then, and I finally found a guy who is worth my time. He loves me the same way I would love him, and I wouldn't have found him if I was still dating that douche bag. He is also much more handsome

I'm 23 years old OP, and you sound like you're young too. Don't waste any more of your youth on this idiot. I still regret wasting a year and a half with someone who utterly disrespected me.
>>
if it's only been 4 months so get out while you can!!! this relationship is new so don't get in too deep where's completely got you under his control
>>
He's a narcissist that is transparently manipulating you. He wants you to be awesome since you are his girlfriend, but only as a prop - hence the back and forth.

I won't say any more because, since you have been chosen/chosen by someone like that, you are likely too invested in this situation to get out without going through a lot of pain

protip: he isn't the awesome dude you believe he is, there are many other guys that will make you at least just as happy, and be just as cool
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.