[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend's past is making me hate her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_m7oc7roHsJ1roj2gxo1_500.jpg (181 KB, 495x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7oc7roHsJ1roj2gxo1_500.jpg
181 KB, 495x750
So for the last few months I've been with my girlfriend little by little she's been telling me about her past. I've noticed that every time she tells me about her past I can only think the worse and it always seems to get to me and have this feeling of hate towards her. She's not trying to hide it from me, I just hate asking or talking about it. The whole reason I react this way is because she's the complete opposite to what she "used" to be and it disgusts me

>started drinking when she was 11
>told me she used to hang out with a bad crowd
>started smoking when she was 13
>tells me she had an attitude of doing whatever she wanted
>spent her entire teenage years in one really abusive relationship
>broke up when she was 18 and then "gave up on love"
>says I'm the only other relationship she's been in since (we're both 24 now)
>despite that she's had a lot of one night stands, from what I can tell
>is really good at having sex and I can tell she's done it so much that she doesn't even care about it anymore
>wouldn't be surprised if she lost her virginity when she was 11 or 12

The thing is, when I met her, everyone always told me she was a good girl, that she doesn't really see guys and that she isn't a slut. She even tells me she's not like that, but I think she really underestimates what a slut is because all her friends are actually massive whores. When I met her and what I see of her now is so sweet and innocent, but when I put the pieces together, it really intimidates and disgusts me what she used to be.

I don't know what to do. I really love her for who she is now, but I can't stop thinking about her past before me, so much that it's making me moody all day with her and she doesn't know what's wrong with me and I just can't explain it to her. This shit shouldn't matter to me because she's changed, but it does and I can't help it
>>
>>16461127
break up with her but only because youre shitty
>>
File: 1446972259297.png (99 KB, 299x598) Image search: [Google]
1446972259297.png
99 KB, 299x598
>>16461127
It's her past, and the fact she's changed from it means that her past doesn't matter.
Were you hoping she'd be some sort of angel throughout her life?
>>
Men have a natural distaste for promiscuous women and it's make sense because statically speaking promiscuous women are more likely to cheat and also they would be terrible mother!
put an end in this relationship as quickly as possible.
>>
>>16461127
I can totally see where you are coming from.
I couldn't really respect such a person, especially with the ONS shit as it sounds to me like that was way past the point at which you can expect someone to get his shit together in that regard.
Her being friends with "massive whores" is also a pretty good sign she is a slut. You won't put up with people as friends if their values and outlook on life are that different to your own.
She is simply not that sweet and innocent person you saw her as, which is probably what made you fall in love with her, right? It pretty much questions what you thought you know about her and what that relationship is based on.
I would personally break it off. Such a past can and should be a major deal breaker to most men.
As >>16461171 said, men have a natural distaste for promiscuous women and she is one.
Also if she doesn't care about sex that much, she might have even less of a problem with cheating if she wants it and you are not available. It has simply lost its meaning for her, although it should be something intimate to share with someone that means a lot to you. Her attitude about it could also influence your views on it in the long run as well as make for an unsatisfying sex life. Not in term of how often you get to do it, but on an emotional level.
>>
u gonna regret worrying about shit like that
>>
>>16461142
>>16461149
>People's past don't matter

Saying this is kind of like how only guy with small dicks say its the motion of the ocean.

If you wanna break up with her over this go ahead. She did what she did and its not like she can go back and fix it.

Weather people on the internet think its a good reason doesn't really matter. You don't need some moral justification for this. Its not a trail. Its a relationship.
>>
Talk to her about how it's making you feel. I had a similar issue with my girlfriend.

She was a goody goody and when high school finished she experienced stuff and had "fun",went to a lot of concerts, went out clubbing. I picked up on things she said and it pointed to she might've been a slut.

It drove my head in and contemplated on breaking up. Eventually I cooled down and talked to her about how the stuff she said made me feel.

She then apologised that she gave the wrong impression, she wasn't that kind of girl to sleep around and didn't mean to imply it. Pretty much assured me nothing to worry about.

Whether it's true or not it's out of my mind because she understood what I needed to hear and made me feel at ease.

If your girlfriend doesn't try assuring you she didn't sleep around etc then dump her, bad quality girlfriend
>>
>>16461348
He knows she had one night stands.
No matter what OP's girlfriend says, he knows she at least used to be a slut. There is nothing she can do to undo this. Don't suggest him to live a lie.
Even if she assures him she is not/no longer a slut, she is a bad quality girlfriend due to her past.
>>
Look op you need to realize that your girl is a hoe.

That isn't a bad thing she knows how to fuck.

She's admitting it and relaxing around you. You must be doing something right.

Do some freaky shit and get over it because the only reason you care is because your insecure.

But I don't blame you op date this bitch but never marry a hoe bro.

As much as the past is the past those moment define us later in life and mold us. So a hoe. Is a hoe even if she sucked Jesus dick.

So do not make a hoe into a house wife but dating is fine.
>>
>>16461127
no hymen no ring. what is this post about?
>>
The further you get into a relationship, the louder the echoes of the past become. People change but that doesn't mean that they leave their past fully behind them. We're all marked by our history, even if only by the act of having decided to rise above it. Part of my identity will always be "the person who decided to stop being X and start being Y."

In light of that I think you should judge each step of the relationship in the present. Feel you way through one step at a time. You're probably not yet at the point where the effects of her past really play into your relationship. Her acquaintances and general friends obviously aren't at that level of closeness either, which is why there aren't even hints of her past in their assessments of her. So for now you just sit back and enjoy her. Evidently it has no impact on how good of a girlfriend she is.

But someone with whom you live? A fiancée? A wife? A mother? There's no telling when the echoes will become loud enough to notice, much less what their effect will be. All you can speak for is the present. So tread very slowly and very carefully. Don't lie to yourself, either. In the words of the New York City MTA: when you see something, say something.
>>
>when I met her, everyone always told me she was a good girl

-fat albert laugh- EH HEHEHEH YOU KNOW WHY THO RIGHT?

jokes aside, get to know people before youdeclare them your gf...gf should be the level you reach after learning this kinda shit and being cool with it. Damn tho, as long as she isn't becoming worrying with behaviors, see if you care enough about what you have together to cut it off now based on the past dude
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.