[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
I just want to talk.

For starters, I'm fairly mentally unstable, and have been depressed for a long time, but never suicidal, except for recently.

Things have been going south, fighting with my girlfriend, father and aunt dying, didn't get a job I wanted, everything is fucking shit.

Is this what life will be like for me, for the rest of my life? Struggling with family, friends and other relationships?

It just seems so tedious and painful.

literally the only thing I had to look up to was my girlfriend, and right now, things are looking grim between us.
>>
>>16461058
This isnt going to be a long reply.
Im only going to give you some general adv.

1) life is really shit. Like mega shit. Learning to deal with it and the situations it presents is what helps us grow and develop as humans.

2) depending on anyone else for YOUR happiness with a horrible idea and its not fair to that person. I would even say its the primary reason why relationships fail. Try finding happiness within yourself.

Im not going to carry on with this, what i will day is GL it took me 10 years of theropy and alot of relationships before i figured those 2 things out.
>>
>>16461078
Thanks. I'm in therapy for my issues atm, but it's just hard. Once every 2 - 3 weeks just isn't cutting it for me.
>>
Been diagnosed major depressive for years and I can feel you there lost both my parents within the last 3 years I've moved so much nowhere feels like home and any activities feel like a waste of time I've isolated from the world and it hurts and I don't know how to live anymore life is megashit just know if you do commit suicide your putting the pain you feel on someone else's plate people will feel guilty for not being able to help you its really the only thing that keeps me from going through with it
>>
>>16461102
The problem is, I honestly don't think I have anyone that would care. If shit ends with my girlfriend, no one.
>>
>>16461107
Im
>>16461078
Why does it matter if noone would care ? 100's maybe even 1000's of people died today.. do you care ?

Im replying becuase i was where you are now once ... i hate to think you need someone to talk toand have noone.
>>
>>16461121
I've had no one for years. I don't want to dump any of my issues onto my girlfriend, I'd feel super guilty.
>>
>>16461137
I never said do that ? Theropy will help dude maybe more then once every 3 weeks is a good idea ...
Alternatively you can spew your issues out here and we can talk about them... just remember to keep yourself anon about shit so youdont get doxed
>>
>>16461078
Basically, having unrealistic expectations in life like "I deserve to be happy" or "Things shouldnt be like this" is bad idea.

When you get rid of these expectations and embrace sometimes painful reality and personal responsibility, then you will be able to cultivate gratitude towards life and realize that you have to take care of yourself.

At least thats what I think.
>>
>Is this what life will be like for me, for the rest of my life? Struggling with family, friends and other relationships?
You make it sound as if you're special. That's life for everyone.
>>
Do you have a dream or a fantasy, go out and fulfill your fantasys.
>>
>>16461058
>Is this what life will be like for me, for the rest of my life?
short answer:
no

long answer:
only if you want it to
>>
>>16461166
>"I deserve to be happy"
>unrealistic
wtf
that's a really sick outlook on life

of course on deserves to be happy
>>
>>16461241
Even serial killers with no remorse? Do they deserve to be happy?

My point is that happiness must be earned in some way. Its not something you are entitled to simply be existing (like right to freedom). You cant waste your life and be a burden and be really happy at the same time, for example.
>>
>>16461283
>Even serial killers with no remorse? Do they deserve to be happy?
If they had been happy they wouldn't have become serial killers.

So yeah.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 183x275
>>16461058
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.