[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The dislike of affection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (87 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87 KB, 255x255
Is there anybody else that really dislikes when people are affectionate to you? It really bothers me. I don't like when people compliment me, give me gifts, hug me, wish me Happy Birthday or other holidays, or really anything else. I purposefully work on holidays so I have less interaction with people on special days. I've had several people over the course of the past year tell me "you need to get a girlfriend" but I don't want one because it would fail anyways. I don't really know what advice I'm asking for, just curious if I'm the only one
>>
Anyone?
>>
Therapy.
Sounds like a depresso-anxiety mix.
>>
>>16460740

It's weird tho, because I'm completely fine being around people when I'm working. But when I'm off work, I don't want to be around ANYONE. And that's when my what you call "depresso-anxiety" kicks in. It doesn't make sense to me. I've thought about therapy, and I even started looking online for a shrink but I don't feel comfortable paying to sit in a room with a stranger and tell them everything. I feel more comfortable talking to you all
>>
File: 1447076536305.gif (1 MB, 540x457) Image search: [Google]
1447076536305.gif
1 MB, 540x457
>not liking physical affection
>don't like talking to or confronting people irl
sounds like aspergers desu senpai
>>
>>16460760
but anon, were not licensed to help you. when you come on here for help at least 80% of responses are bullshit. were doing this in our free time and most of the people on here dont really care about you. not saying a therapist would, but therapist wouldnt purposefully give you bad /adv/ice
>>
Another question: What is the difference between feeling contentment and nothing?
>>
>>16460625
If the financial term 'debt' can be applied to emotion, I'd say that you don't want to receive gifts because you don't want to be obligated to give back in the future.
>>
>>16461156

I'm actually pretty generous with my money, like a year ago one of my friends was struggling in school because his laptop took a shit on him, so without him knowing I bought a $700 laptop online and had it shipped to his house. So it's not the debt part
>>
>>16461139

I thought aspergers is when you resort to a child-like state of mind?
>>
>>16460625
I wish I was like you. I love affection and would really like people to be affectionate with me, but I don't think I deserve affection and I think people would just be bothered.
>>
>>16462680

Why don't you deserve it?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.