[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I meet people who aren't fucking babies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1385061755823.gif (628 KB, 260x135) Image search: [Google]
1385061755823.gif
628 KB, 260x135
I'm like, a pretty edgy guy. I like to live life on the edge. I shoot from the lip. I have a right to free speech and I ain't afraid to use it. You grab this bull, you get the horns.

I like being a buffoon. I like to say stupid things with the knowledge that they are stupid and I like when people laugh at them. But today I alienated yet another group of people because I said something one of them happened to find offensive, after they, collectively, probably made hundreds of remarks that other groups would find abhorrent.

I personally didn't really care about the things that they said. Some of them offended me personally. But I saw through it. They weren't bad people. Some of them had their mean streaks and were quite prejudiced against certain groups, but that's OK. Nobody's perfect.

So why is it that they cannot extend me the same courtesy. I didn't even mean what I said. I was deliberately behaving like a bigoted idiot. But they took it at face value and now I'm some kind of a monster.

And this keeps. fucking. happening. Deeply flawed individuals will air out their prejudices and politically incorrect edgelord bullshit all day long, but when someone else does the same thing, but it relates to a group they are part of or a belief they hold, suddenly they poop their pants. It's infuriating.

Tl;dr: Why can't anyone take a fucking joke anymore?
>>
>>16460446

Plenty of people can take a joke. You just spend too much time on the internet and you think that the whole political correct movement is real rather than just a clickbait online ad campaign.

Make friends in real life, that would be my advice to you.
>>
Anon this is the price you pay for acting like an idiot. A clown is suppose to be funny but when they cross the line from being funny to being a dipshit they will not be be well received at all.

Imagine a jester who is suppose to entertain the king. He does it and the king laughs making him quite liked. The king is an asshole who disses other people and is an asshat but he wants you to not be like that. He wants you to hold a special value of being generally funny. You can't be dipshit when you are a jester because people don't want to be reminded of how bad they are.
>>
>>16460458

They are real-life friends. And the only reason I felt comfortable saying these things was all the juvenile bullshit that came out of their mouths on the same level as my dumb joke.

One of them explicitly referred to transgender individuals as "faggots" and nobody, myself included, batted an eye. It wasn't really cool, but whatever. People aren't perfect. And that was that.

But for those same people to completely ignore something that could be devastating to a member of the LGBT community then get their panties all in a bunch at my stupid joke is just infuriating.
>>
>>16460467

I doubt that you're telling the truth.

Try hanging out with veterans or engineers. Those types of people usually have thick skin.
>>
>>16460461

Well then the king's a selfish cunt. Where do people get this idea that they're somehow immune to criticism or offense but everyone else is fair game?
>>
You sound annoying.
>>
>>16460467

>being this assblasted about sjw shit
>not telling us the stupid joke
>attention whoring this bad

You have a tumblr dont you?
>>
File: 1274336239811.jpg (23 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1274336239811.jpg
23 KB, 600x450
>>16460481

Yeah, every so often I'll meet someone who can genuinely roll with the punches. But they're few and far between. And it's even more difficult to find one someone like that who isn't an actual bigot.

Waaaaahhhhhh. Why must life be so hard.
>>
>>16460485

Problem is that sjws can get you fired. If this was in the pre-tumblr days, I wouldn't mind so much. But you never know when some fuckhead is going to record you or repost you or whatever and fuck up your life, at least in the short term.

>>16460484
I accept that. But the people I was talking to are also annoying.
>>
I feel ya OP. Gen Y as a whole seems to have an ego problem.
>>
>>16460446
>OP is a giant faggot
>WAAHHH WHY DONT PEOPLE LIKE ME WHEN IM A GIANT FAGGOT
Kill yourself.
>>
>>16460962

Your mom's a giant faggot.
>>
>>16460965
Why haven't you killed yourself yet? Hurry it up.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.