[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can religion make me feel whole?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11
File: Reader-Question-of-the-Week.png (276 KB, 562x394) Image search: [Google]
Reader-Question-of-the-Week.png
276 KB, 562x394
also which religion is right religion.
>>
>>16459797
Sufi Islam if you like being Mystic.
Salafi Islam for if you like screaming at people and being self righteous
>>
File: slamev.jpg (78 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
slamev.jpg
78 KB, 576x720
>>16459856

fuck islam
>>
>>16459856
Fuck off. Perhaps the french have no backbone, but fuck off.
>>
Buddhism is an acceptable religion. Or, study science?
>>
>>16459797
How do secular adults become religious?

I'm basically an agnostic atheist but I go to Catholic mass every Sunday to keep my grandmother company yet everything they say under that cross just does not stick with me, it all sounds manufactured and full of expensive wishful thinking. I've learned to appreciate so much about religion but it just doesn't seem like something you can believe in if you weren't raised up to believe in it.
>>
File: lol.jpg (58 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
58 KB, 539x960
i was asking myself the same thing a couple weeks ago and coincidently I was at a gas station and I got a business card from this random person, it had the website JW.org. Never really heard of these people but their website seemed legit and it answered lots of the questions I've been asking myself for a while. you should check it out
>>
>>16459856
Seconding Sufi. Pretty cool, very mystical and all-loving sort of religion.
Alternately, Wicca.
>>
>>16459863
how is science going to heal the damage i've caused to my soul?
>>
>>16459885
How are empty promises?
>>
>>16459876

absolutely not
JWs are a cult. I would know, raised one for 12 years before I stopped drinking the koolaid
>>
>>16459897
>cult

and other religions are not ?

I agree the jw's are definitely further out there than most xtian protestant sects, but compared to Mormons they are about equivalent ?
>>
>>16459903
>I have clearly no idea of what I'm talking about but I will keep posting just for the sake of being right
>>
>>16459885
Oh, you need your damaged soul repaired? 1 shot Jameson, 1 can Pabst.
>>
>>16459873
If you see through the bullshit, you can never go back.

Evangelical christfags, however, love claiming they were "atheists" but are now "reformed". All bullshit as well.
>>
i highly doubt that. compared to some other religions i've tried these people are by far the most normal and dont take your money like all churches. Every church i go to i feel like it's all about the money and not really getting close to god. and they dont even use the bible, like why in the hell are u even talking if it isnt from the bible. It's a disappointment
>>
>>16459897
Cousins are Jw they seem like normal people, what normal people do, just they don't celebrate holidays. Which I don't mind. Kind people, when I went to their church, seem like pretty good people.
>>
Can religion make you feel whole? Yes, it can. Will it? That's tougher to say.

Which one is right? That is, as they say, a matter of faith. I'm partial to Jehovah's Witnesses myself, though I can see people queueing up their favorite bait.png variants already.
>>
>>16459797
No, but I can make you feel your hole. weally good i plomis
>>
>>16459797
try every religion and see which one is right.
>>
This topic is relevant to my interests *tips fedora*
I want to become a jew. I already have Jewish heritage . If albert einstein and Jeremy England can be jews then so can i.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
>>16459797
I am christian (not my name, my religion)
But there is no true religion at all, dont search for approval in others nor in a god. You need your own approval, you need to trust in you and believe in you
>>
File: índice.jpg (5 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
5 KB, 257x196
If you like strong emotions try jihadist
>>
File: slam6.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
slam6.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>16459797

islam is of the devil
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 350x262
>>16459797
http://youtu.be/1INut0Gi09Q
>>
Do extensive research into religion and as a result of doing so never be able to buy into it because you'll be able to poke holes and notice everything they plagiarized from an earlier belief system.

Basically, you've got to be indoctrinated into that shit when you're young because then you can deny yourself further knowledge.
>>
File: 1438997281443.png (299 KB, 598x284) Image search: [Google]
1438997281443.png
299 KB, 598x284
I was raised to be religious. It depends entirely on you.
One thing I can say is that you should only opt for a religion that you were raised on, or at least, one that matches your culture. Don't pick up Buddhism or Islam just because they're exotic, or you'll be the only white person in any like-minded group you try to join.

Ultimately, if you weren't raised by a religious family, you already know that whatever you're subscribing to is 100% bullshit, cooked up in the diseased imaginations of some bronze age sapiens. Oh sure, the CONCEPTS are nice. I would fucking love for there to be a "one true church," populated with studious, wholesome, and congenial priests, delivering words from the mouth of god himself, but the only thing you'll find in any branch of the clergy (or Caliphate, or Buddhist monasticism, or etc.) is an incestuous cess pool for the vilest sacks of shit imaginable.
My point is, talk to god, if you think he's there. Don't talk to another human as if he's god.
>>
>>16459797
First you need to feel whole in my opinion. If not, the religion you'd choose would just be an escape from reality. My advice? Try to make your life better. Read Quran, Torah, Bible. Meditate. Read sufi masters like Shams Tabrizi and Mawlana. Don't listen to mainstream science's (mostly) bullshit.

>ISIS is Islam

Don't listen to shitheads ITT. Don't compare a band of blood-thirsty mercenaries to Islam. You can't see the truth if you're not willing to look at it with your own eyes. Go see for yourself what Islam is. Who Jesus was. What did Buddha said. And live a happy and fulfilling life. I pray for you man, good luck.
>>
>>16460776
>57% of all Muslims worldwide think death is an appropriate punishment for leaving Islam

>t-t-that's just ISIS you evil Nazi racist
>>
>>16461717
70% of statistics are made up on the spot.
>>
>>16460776
Well said.
>>
File: image.png (12 KB, 405x294) Image search: [Google]
image.png
12 KB, 405x294
>>16461730
http://www.pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/muslims-around-the-world-divided-on-hamas-and-hezbollah/

Islam is the most violent religion of peace in existence

I don't trash Christianity
I don't trash Buddhism
I don't trash Hinduism
I don't trash Mormonism

One religion is violent that exists today in large numbers

Or are you going to tell me pew is a right wing hate group
>>
>>16461745
>>16461730
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Opinion-Polls.htm

Here are some more sourced statically
>>
>>16461745
Rekt
>>
>>16461730
Come on faggot, waiting for your counter argument. Unless you went to hide in dhame, in which case, carry on
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 917x1154) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 917x1154
>>16461759
Don't be mean to the liberals.

They never really know what they're talking about

Forgive them for they know not what they do

They will be mugged by reality eventually
>>
Shopping for religions is coming at it from totally the wrong angle. If you think "religion" is just something you put on and off like underwear you're just wasting your time. Like are you even being serious right now?
>>
>>16460026
Out of curiousity - why do you want to become jew?
>>
File: 1360628495986.png (841 KB, 1196x2620) Image search: [Google]
1360628495986.png
841 KB, 1196x2620
>>16459797
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.