[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I may have to make a report to the police but I want some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_ntd9j4ChCq1swhw1wo1_500.jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntd9j4ChCq1swhw1wo1_500.jpg
54 KB, 500x500
So I may have to make a report to the police but I want some advice on it first.

I recently started (and gave up) online dating but I had already started talking to one guy before I decided to delete my account. I chose to continue talking to him because even though everything else wasn't working out, he seemed nice enough. He was very polite, had a job, he lives about an hour and a half away but he said he wouldn't mind coming in every now and then to see me.

So after two or three particularly uninspiring dates I'm losing interest. We shoot a couple of texts back and forth but at one point I get busy and I don't respond for about a day. He asks me what the deal is and finally I tell him that "I enjoy spending time with you but I don't think this is working out the way we had planned"

Keep in mind i haven't been mooching off of him or anything. He drove once, I drove once, he paid for dinner once, I paid for dinner once. He bought me tickets to see music once but I was ready to pay and he told me to put my wallet away.

Anyways after I tell him this he says "Oh that's unfortunate, it was nice knowing you"

hours later he decides it's not okay and starts losing his shit. Saying that life has been a series of disappointments for him and "thanks for being another one" "you never wanted to be my friend" all of this heartbroken jazz.

I tell him he needs to simmer down, I don't owe him anything and it sucks that his life has been hard but I'm not interested. He goes on that I "wasted 24 hours of his time" and "ruined his weekend"
Finally I block his cell number. The next morning, come to find out he used a throwaway email to start messaging me again, saying how I'm a jerk for stringing him on and how he hopes it bites me in the ass. I tell him he needs to stop contacting me and still, I don't owe him shit (cont)
>>
>>16458798

Anyways he stops for a while, except for one text something about him buying a dog blanket for my pup and having to throw it away now (I never asked him to buy shit) I tell him to do whatever he wants, I never asked him for anything

Then I just recently got a text asking if we could meet up at the local starbucks in TWENTY MINUTES or an hour or whatever (like I said he lives over an hour away)
I told him no, I don't feel safe and I already told him to stop contacting me.

He hasn't said anything particularly threatening yet but I definitely don't feel safe. Is this something that warrants a police report? I deleted all but the last two texts about him wanting to meet up because I thought he was done with his bullshit nonsense but I suppose he isn't. I live in a small town and i'm afraid he may find where I live.
>>
>I tell him he needs to simmer down
No. When this happens, you immediately disengage and block.

At this point you need to start collecting everything for when he does say or do something threatening. Then you immediately go to the police.
>>
>>16458811
>Is this something that warrants a police report?

possibly some kind of harassment but since you

> I deleted all but

did this what evidence is there ?

save all that stuff
>>
>>16458798
i wish a girl only wasted 24 hours of my time and only a weekend
>>
>>16458825
>>16458826
>evidence evidence collect evidence of harrasment

jesus christ calm your tits tumblr, he didnt do anything except to be an annoying little child
>>
>>16458826

I didn't think it was going to be an issue until he said he was possibly driving in. Naive, yes, but now I know. If he messages again I'll obviously save that
>>
>>16458836
The point of collecting evidence is not that he's already done something wrong. It's that you need to establish an escalating pattern of behavior. Without everything he's already said, a single threat would be a lone blip. By definition (at least in my local laws) that's not enough for police to act. You need to establish a history.

If he never escalates, it's a few kilobytes of memory on her phone. If he does, it's the difference between action and inaction. You're the one who needs to calm his tits and think about this more like "let me save my receipt in case this thing I bought breaks and I need to return it."
>>
>>16458836

cut off your misogynistic balls you piece of shite

you fuckups always support the male no matter what he did said

that clown in op is a nutter heading for big trouble

sure he could just be a little whiner but the red flags are there for him to also be a dominating control freak psycho murderer
>>
>>16458836
>>16458858
...did you just samefag for drama? Wow.
>>
>>16458861

nope

go whine to the admins using the feedback button if you don't believe me
>>
>>16458858
>>16458861

yeah can we not

I just want to know if I should go to the police with what I have or wait until he sends more or potentially gets into town. I have my door barred so I'm not too worried about him just running in, I'd just rather not wait to do anything until he's beating on my front door.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.