[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone here go to university of Florida Is a computer scien
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1434396256867.jpg (1 MB, 2545x1862) Image search: [Google]
1434396256867.jpg
1 MB, 2545x1862
anyone here go to university of Florida
Is a computer science major hard?

Can CS majors offer tips to a freshman?

Coursework : https://catalog.ufl.edu/ugrad/current/liberalarts/majors/computer-science.aspx
>>
>>16458583
If you signed up for this because you like video games or because you want to be a hacker, then quit now and also kill yourself.
>>
>>16458593
not in for video games
though i am interested in going into security
>>
>>16458598
CS is shite and you're stuck with reddit-tier autists all the time, do Information Systems instead.
>>
>>16458604
probably going to minor in that or bioinformatics
>>
>>16458583
i hope you kill yourself
>>
>>16458616
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>16458648
>>16458644
what
>>
>>16458962
KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>16459045
guys
>>
>>16458593
>cs
>not liking video games
>>
>>16458598
If you really want to do security transfer to math and minor in cs.
>>
>>16460417
yes anon there are many paths i can take for my goals
this is my path
>>
>>16458583
Go to UCF instead. Better CS program.
>>
UF here (Comp. Engineering, basically the same shit).

It's not any worse than any other engineering major (you can also take a slightly easier version through the college of Lib Arts and shit).

If you are repulsed by math either learn to love it or leave because that's the majority of what you'll be doing.

Take programming fundies 1 and 2 (along with discrete leading into data structures) as soon as you can, it's a great basis for comp sci and data structs is the prereq for just about every higher level course in comp sci.

Don't need to listen to >>16458604
>>16458616
Comp sci is a fine major but be prepared to branch out, most shit isn't PURE computers they have to be applied in places (the good thing about computers is that they can be applied in just about every field so you have your pick).

Just don't be a faggot and you're good to go.

>>16460417
I'm just doing a double major.
>>
>>16460752
>>16458583
Oh and a big tip for comp sci
[spoiler]Be able to do your own research and figure shit out on your own without the handholding of anonymous strangers[/spoiler]
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.