[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey adv My girlfriend did something really stupid. So she's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 1446051667725.jpg (119 KB, 811x739) Image search: [Google]
1446051667725.jpg
119 KB, 811x739
Hey adv

My girlfriend did something really stupid. So she's got a gym membership that's paid off for 3 months, she likes it there and there's no issue.
Well she ended up somehow being talked into joining an expensive gym membership at some other gym, which is further away while she already paid 3 months at her current one.

She ended up canceling the New membership cause she realised how stupid that was but it has a $200 cancellation fee.

Anyway she is generally smart, has a bachelor in science, studying business degree too. Yet she did something so stupid like this. Would you stay with your girlfriend is she did something like this????
>>
Are you the one paying for it? It's not really any of your business how she spends her own money. Really doesn't seem like a big deal. Why are you so up in her shit?
>>
Lol.because it shows she's still very naive and easily manipulated. Not a good role model for potential kids. Also you want a girlfriend who's incompetent at being able to take Care of herself???
>>
No, people are allowed to fuck up. If your looking for a partner who never makes stupid mistakes, you should just stop looking. Im sure you've done and are going to continue to do some pretty dumb shit. She knows what she did was dumb and is trying to fix it and since it didn't hurt you, you don't really have any reason to be mad.
>>
>>16458480
>Would you stay with your girlfriend is she did something like this????

yes.
>>
$200 cancellation fee is extremely excessive. Give her advice she is obviously still learning. Not everyone is street smart.

Tell her to fight it. File a complaint at your local court, a lot of time companies will settle because it cost them more than $200 to get a lawyer.
>>
>>16458536
I told her she can either fight it or pay for it to get it over with and treat it as a $200 dollar life lesson.

I didn't think she was very street smart but this is too much lol. I'm gonna have to think of her as a 15 year old not knowing what she wants.
>>
Did she know there was a $200 cancellation fee involved? Because that is pretty crazy for a gym membership...
>>
>>16458541
She joined an expensive gym while already paid for her current one for 3 months.

Do you think she knew anything at all??? Her brain obviously wasn't working.
>>
>>16458549

It's a stupid mistake, but you're acting like a complete douchebag about it. It's her own mistake with her own money. If you really want to leave her for her poor judgment, just do it then.

But shut the fuck up about it already. Nobody wants to hear you howling like a child about how stupid your girlfriend is, how can she make this mistake, etc etc. Stop trying to drag other people into your horrible relationship. If you're really having a fight like this over something so petty, trying to rally a bunch of strangers onto your side so you can throw it in her face even more, you really shouldn't be together.
>>
>>16458562
Stop projecting loser

We.never fought, I never said anything negative to her. Get your insecurities out of my thread roastie
>>
>>16458497
>Lol.because it shows she's still very naive and easily manipulated
You're really immature if your view of your girlfriend is so one dimensional, black and white even. You're not going to be a very good dad if you act and think so harshly.
>>
>>16458538
>I'm gonna have to think of her as a 15 year old not knowing what she wants.
actually, people tend to act according to what is expected of them. If you want her to act mature, treat her lĩke she is.
>>
Is this the only time she's done something like this?
>>
It's pretty fucked up you're questioning your relationship over it. It was a simple goof up. Expensive, but it doesn't sound like there is a pattern of these. Everyone can make a mistake like this. As long as she realizes it was dumb, it was a simple error.
>>
Sure. I'd probably think twice about marrying her though.
>>
>>16458497
this

dump her
>>
You kind of suck OP. Idk why you think you're going to be a better parent than her when literally the only thing a kid can do is fuck up.
Sounds like you may be the immature one here
>>
>>16458491
>What is a relationship?

nice troll
>>
Are you a chink OP?

This sort of money autism sounds suspiciously.... oriental.
>>
>>16458480
I now want to eat pancakes but nobodys gonna make them for me. Nice fucking job anon. I hope you're happy.
>>
>>16458940
Get off your ass and make them yourself. They'll taste better with a side of personal accomplishment.
>>
>>16458952
Why do it myself when I have your ass to make them for me?
>>
>>16458976
Because then I'll eat them all myself.
>>
Even smart people can be talked into just about anything, unless they're so bitter and cynical that they will question any information they receive no matter what. It's part of the problem of society being so damn complicated that there's no way to get a complete picture of everything, so any information can be made to look any way.

As long as you're not paying for it, I'd let it slide.
>>
>>16458994
What a shitty comeback. Anyway, guess I'd have to eat the last thing that's left in that case, you know that thing that keeps getting mentioned.
>>
>>16458480

Not quite sure why someone making a mistake with their own money is somehow grounds to break up with them.

>Fiscal irresponsibility is not a good trait in a partner.

Yes, but I am not quite sure how this pans out when this person is clearly still learning to be 'street smart'. Academics aside, their is a large difference.

Grow up, OP.
>>
>>16458549
And? Was it a better gym? Obviously there is some reason she wanted a membership at a different gym....
>>
>>16458480
>She ended up canceling the New membership cause she realised how stupid that was but it has a $200 cancellation fee.
>Would you stay with your girlfriend is she did something like this????

So, she screwed up. She made a poor decision. Not like she accidently launched two dozen nukes at China, she just made an error of judgement. Now, you might well be the only human in all of history who's never made a mistake, but the rest of us mere mortals screw up all the time. It's one of those things in life that just happens - there's a reason cars have seatbelts instead of a little sticker on the windscreen that says "do not drive in to other cars".

Also, it's not like we're talking about life changing sums of money here. You won't have to push your retirement back by four years to compensate for the loss. I don't actually know what you can buy with $200 in the US or how long it takes you personally to earn it, but converted to my local currency it's just about enough to buy a good dinner for two people.

If she's doing things like this every day then it's time to abandon ship, but if it's an isolated incident I'd say you're either being overly critical or there are other underlying issues that you're not telling us about.
>>
You'd be surprised how easy it is to get conned, man.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.