[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long distance girlfriend of a year and a half+ wants to move
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 400x267
Long distance girlfriend of a year and a half+ wants to move in together.

We're both 25, she has a well paying government job with benefits, I'm a waiter. We live approximately 80 miles apart right now. She doesn't want to move too far from where she is because her county is the highest paid in her field in the area. That basically means I would have to move to her, and then find a job near there, or the other way around (which might be very difficult). She says she's ready, and I think it's time for me to be ready (we both live with our parents) but I'm not sure if that would be a stupid idea for me to basically start a new life.

What kind of things should I be considering?
>>
>>16458293
Find a new job in the area you want to move to before you move out of home
>>
>>16458299
But how does that work? How would I interview with a place 100 miles away?
>>
>>16458301
Take time off work and stay in a motel or with your gf
>>
>>16458293
>I'm a waiter.

Your job is shit. Go to her and start looking for a new job, it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks If you're searching every day.
>>
>>16458293

>Long distance girlfriend of a year and a half+ wants to move in together.

Do you really think that this will work out?
>>
>>16458422
As in, our relationship?
>>
Ask yourself what her reaction would be if you basically told her, " i would rather do long distance as a waiter 80 miles away than spend more time with you and just work at a different restaurant close to where you live until I find a better job."
>>
>>16458519
This. You have a shit wageslave job and she has something good. Just go there and find another shit wageslave job.
>>
>>16458523
But until I have a better job and money saved up, my parents will be pissed.
>>
>>16458698
Your parents are already disappointed that this shit shitty job is all you could achieve in life. It won't make a difference, so just just move in with her.
>>
cook here
>>16458299
this is hard to do. it is okay to move somewhere without a job, provided there are several restaurants in the area, and other commerce as well
>>16458698
dude youre fucking 25

i think you should make a list on paper of what you need to do in order to move and figure it out on your own. that would be much more productive than people coddling you

source: i am 20 and pay my own shit
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.