[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw job interview next week I can't do it lads. I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
>tfw job interview next week

I can't do it lads. I'll forget all my answers and look like a moron on the spot

Give advice plz
>>
what for? if it's a high up job idk but if it's typical low end stuff don't worry.

I am always fucking nervous for job interviews, but I realized for jobs that are low tier, don't rehearse answers. I went in without any practice, and got the job. Prior jobs, my answer was waaay to rehearsed and sometimes not even answering their question, just shoehorning in random stuff.

good luck m8
>>
Just bee yourself
>>
>>16457954
storeman

still nervous though
>>
>>16457953

Just kill yourself :^))))

It always pulls you outta a tight spot unless you want the noose
>>
>>16457956
I had a similar job. I looked after and sorted electronics in a warehouse. Think about it, they aren't looking for someone extremely sociable anyway, someone who can do the job that's all.

If you can, find out the companys history on their website, or their 'values' and try and bring that into the conversation. my employer was quite impressed when I told him that and I think that might have sealed the deal.
>>
>>16457953
Could I ask if you had any referees or past experience on your resume?
>>
Go to a vitamin store and pick up some St Johns Wort and Valerian Root Extract, take it about 20 minutes before you go in for the interview, it'll help with the anxiety. Be sure to check out what meds St Johns Wort interacts with, don't take it if you're on SSRI's.
>>
>>16457953
take alcohol if u need to relax
>>
>>16457957
>Just kill yourself :^)))
probably works in Pakistan where the only industry is the suicide bomber industry
>>
>>16457960
Thanks for the idea, witch doctor. I have anxiety, so I'll try that.
>>
>>16457953
Pretend you're someone who is reliable, loves working as a team and with other people, and who's only major flaw is he sometimes gets too into his work.

Then answer questions accordingly.
>>
>>16457963
It's what I did when I started working, I couldn't afford to go see a doctor or the medicine.
>>
Interviews are easy mate. I've only ever had one but it went well.
I think the only mistake I made was saying I'd prefer night hours than morning ones. I think that's what cost me the job.

The hard part is getting the interview. And you've done that, so it's easy now. Prepare for the other anxiety after the interview. I remember feeling physically sick for days after my interview, one minute worried that I'd fucked it up, the other terrified that I'd got the job.
>>
>So Anon, tell me a bit about yourself
>>
File: 1428163328855.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1428163328855.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
>>16457967
>>
>>16457953
Have a wank shortly before your interview. Shake hands with everyone.
>>
>>16457969
>not wanking during
>>
>>16457953
try to ask questions and talk as if you're first workday was tomorrow
shit like whom do I work with on a regular basis, where do I work, where are the best parking spots...depends on the situation of course, but just shit you'd want to know one day before you get there

it makes you look somewhat confident and gives the impression that you actually want to work there and fit in as best as possible
>>
put a thumbtack in the bottom of your shoe, under your big toe. don't step on it when you're walking around, but when you sit down for the interview position it so your toe can feel the sharp part. Every time you get nervous or feel anxiety, push down on the tack with your toe, as hard as necessary. This will give you a rush of adrenaline and cure your anxiety, relaxing your cognitive frontal lobe of your brain allowing you to respond naturally to the interview questions.
t. investment banker who does a lot of important meetings
>>
>>16457972
wth
>>
>>16457972

I do this when fucking your mum
>>
I had manager interviews early on and now I breeze through interviews. I just hate the "name a time when..." questions. Then you have to sit there and reminisce on stupid shit. I make stuff up sometimes. Just answer the question to the best of your ability. If they just ask about yourself just say you're goal driven and motivated. Just basically lie the whole time and make yourself sound A1, unless the questions are pretty straight forward.
>>
>>16457953
just b yourself
>>
Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse. You can't know in advance exactly which questions they'll ask you, but you can practice the common ones. Then, answering those questions is just doing something you've already done right lots of times.

Again, you can't get all of the questions, but you don't have to. No one expects a perfect interview. All you have to do is nail enough questions to make up for the ones you mess up, and that's totally doable.
>>
If you don't know or you forget something lie or use your imaginary describe yourself as most interesting, trustful and hard working person ever it helped me got my shitty job
>>
File: Interview.jpg (141 KB, 735x947) Image search: [Google]
Interview.jpg
141 KB, 735x947
As luck would have it, I picked this up from my base's family center.

There's more to a successful interview than memorizing some canned answers.
>>
File: Kidney Bean.png (379 KB, 596x486) Image search: [Google]
Kidney Bean.png
379 KB, 596x486
Can't unsee.
>>
>>16457972

SMHTBHFAM you have a problem
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.