[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cockroaches inside xbox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-03-28-12-55-42.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-03-28-12-55-42.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
I purchased an Xbox one on Craigslist only to find it infested with roaches. I know it's fucking disgusting.

The seller isn't responding to my calls so now I have to figure out a way to get these bugs out of the vents and stuff. I currently have it sealed inside a plastic bag but I have no idea what to do.
>>
You're going to have to leave it sealed for about 6 months to be sure. Any means of killing them sooner would damage the console or wouldn't reliably kill them all.
>>
>>16457840
Throw a raid roach bait in the bag and seal it up again. They will come out and take the bait and die since its poisoned
>>
Diatomaceous Earth
>>
>>16457840
just microwave it dumbass
>>
>>16457857
They will feed on the radiation and grow bigger
>>
Ugh this is a huge pain in the ass.

I don't want to open the console and I don't want to wait 6 months.

What if I put the Xbox in the fridge or something? Since they dislike the cold
>>
File: Kotobuki_Ebi_inverted.png (31 KB, 515x515) Image search: [Google]
Kotobuki_Ebi_inverted.png
31 KB, 515x515
>>16457872
That could work, they can't survive freezing. Leave it in for 24 hours.
>>
>>16457872

The problem with that is you'd have to have it in there a long time and the fridge is a very moist environment, water may condense on the insides and bust shit, same with freezer.

I don't think the poison bait idea sounds bad.
>>
>>16457872
Won't work. Roaches can slow their metabolism and survive freezing temps.
>>
If I were to spray the inside of the bag with roach poison and seal it up, Would it affect the Xbox ?
>>
Take it outside. Open the side panel. Roaches leave and go on their way to parts unknown.

Problem solved. It's no different than removing a spider from your house with a cup, only you've already got the half the work done for you.
>>
>>16457887

Spray is aerosoled liquid and liquids fuck up xboxs so you're either fucking it up or not getting in deep enough to for sure kill them all.
>>
This is a nightmare
>>
Take it outside, open it up and use an air duster on it. It will be an even bigger pain in the ass if you don't open it up.
>>
>>16457898
>>16457890
This
>>
Open it up and take pictures. Then gain internet fame for joking about game breaking bugs XD and use the cred to get a new xbox.
>>
>>16458424
>insert fallout 4 into infested Xbox
>this game is crawling with bugs
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.