[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Telling someone I was molested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1440409821083.jpg (72 KB, 1269x1269) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1440409821083.jpg
72 KB, 1269x1269
I've been thinking about it fot awhile, and I think I'm might tell my best friend I was molested as a child. No one knows besides anyone who reads this thread and possibly him. It's just always been in the back of my head, and I've always been too embarrassed to tell anyone. Honestly, I'm not sure how he will react. What if he thinks I'm some sort of freak, and just cuts contact with me? What if he laughs in my face or thinks I'm pathetic? I might just keep my mouth shut, I don't want to get family in trouble. I don't think I could ever forgive myself if he gets arrested. Also, there's one thing I would never tell anyone about , people would just lose respect for me and think I have mental issues.
>>
>I might just keep my mouth shut, I don't want to get family in trouble. I don't think I could ever forgive myself if he gets arrested

Sounds like you've got larger problems than what your friend would think.

On the upside, unless if your friend is an inhuman asshole they'll probably just be empathetic about it. People aren't going to have some weird negative reaction towards you for that.
>>
>>16457014
>I've got larger problems

What are you trying to say ???
>>
>>16457010
Was it by someone you still live with?
>>
>>16457048
Yes.
>>
You might want to wait because it could really fuck with you if you think about it a lot

If it really needs to come out then do it. I had 2 friends tell me. One was recent even. I never told them what happened to me.
>>
My gf was repeatedly raped and abused by her father growing up. For reasons I don't understand, absolutely no one knows but her mother, and besides a divorce, nothing ever happened to the father (in fact he's a university professor--which kind of makes me sick, and pretty angry to think about).

My exact response when she first told me, "Thank you for sharing that with me". It changed absolutely nothing about the way I felt about her, and all I felt was touched that she chose to share something that was so obviously a painful part of her life with me.

What I've learned with her, and with other rape victims (she's not the first I've known or been close to), is that you need to learn to not see this as some cornerstone that defined your life and who you are. It had an impact, yes, but the more credence you give it, the harder a time you'll have moving forward. This is all obviously easier said than done, but my girlfriend is living proof that it can be.

Tell your friend, don't tell your friend, do it when you feel ready.

This isn't the same thing, but I also had a close friend that was pretty worried about coming out as gay. Maybe a few friends got uncomfortable, but they'd never been close, for those of us that were though, it changed absolutely nothing.

If he's really your friend, it won't change anything about how he feels about you or how he see's you.
>>
I was molested by my brothers growing up from the age of 5-11 . When I was 16 I swore I'd never tell a soul. Then eventually I told some guy I was fucking at the time because I broke down during sex. Still, I thought I'd never tell my parents cause my brothers were still living at home. So I waited. I waited until I was 18. Mainly because I was scared. I thought they weren't going to believe me. I thought they were going to get mad at me, or look at me in disgust. I was constantly getting in trouble for smoking weed in the house or for drinking , since the age of 14. So one day I lost my shit because I was getting busted once more for weed, and I felt as if it were unfair (due to all the stress I was under from coping with PTSD) and I told them.

I have no idea why I was so worried. My brothers have moved out and we stay on respectful terms. But I didn't tell anyone for awhile because some of those people weren't the right people to tell. But when I told the right people , it was the most relieving thing in the world . Now every relationship I go into, I make it clear that I struggle with PTSD. &not a single guy has judged.

If he's really your friend, he will understand. I promise. How you think about yourself is far more important than how he thinks about you
>>
>>16457100
Honestly Im not sure..... Whenever I try to have sex I think about that and I almost panic, plus I get really turned off...I still live with the person the molested me. They are family and all , but I'm excited to be leaving soon. Does that make me a shitty son? Telling someone I was molested makes me feel soo dirty and disgusting.
>>
I seriously doubt even the biggest edgelord would laugh or think you're pathetic, but it is possible they might consider that you could become a molester yourself. two of my cousins were molested and someone in their family was a blabbermouth and now pretty much everyone in and involved with the family knows, and I've heard some people say things to the effect of " well I'm not letting him alone with my kids anytime soon".

really, just take it to group therapy somewhere. people who can relate and give you support, and you can give them yours.
>>
>>16457193
That's why I'm afraid of . what if my friend thinks I'm a danger to my little sister ? There is a bit of truth to that though.
>>
>>16457193
and the person I overheard was talking about the victim, not the molester, just to make that clear.
>>
>>16457193
Jesus Christ this world is so sad
>>
>>16457200
if he's not a douche I wouldn't worry about it, but if you still live with the molesters its also possible your friend will make a big stink about that and maybe even try to take matters into his own hands. it's most likely he just won't know how to handle the info and feel awkward.
in the end you know your friend better than we do.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.