[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my brother fucked up. Gotta type this one quick. My 11 year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2.jpg (7 KB, 142x186) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.jpg
7 KB, 142x186
So my brother fucked up. Gotta type this one quick. My 11 year old brother threw a stuffed animal towards a busy 2 way street while walking home from school, ended up hitting some lady's windshield. He and his friends bolted the fuck out and she hunted them down.
She catches them and gets my moms info, calls her and tells her the situation and they meet up. By this point it's already clear that this lady is your typical obese, melodramatic bitch looking to fuck someone over. According to my mom her story was inconsistent when they met up and the lady was clearly exaggerating body language, claiming she could have damaged her car or killed people. I told my mom she fucked up not recording the meet up and the lack of "damage". We (my mother, brother, father, and I) are meeting the woman again. I know there's a lot of gray area, I don't even know how serious this is. I'm not looking for specific legal advice. I just want to know how I/we should approach the situation and how to deal with a crazy suburban cunt.
>>
File: 120px-Rokumonsen.svg.png (4 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
120px-Rokumonsen.svg.png
4 KB, 120x120
Why do you even need to be in this meeting? Just have your brother apologize, and stick to the story that he was not aiming the toy at her.
>>
If there's no damage the lady can't do shit. I'd apologize in a way that makes it clear you're just glad nobody was hurt and there was no damage.
>>
Give her a good meal and she should forget it
>>
>>16456753
>According to my mom her story was inconsistent when they met up and the lady was clearly exaggerating body language, claiming she could have damaged her car or killed people.
She's talking about being startled and swerving into something or someone.
>>
She just wants some quick gratification. She'd like to see you sniveling on your knees begging for her mercy so she can feel superior for a moment. Just give her what she wants and apologize to get it over with quickly, like the other anons here are saying. If she presses any further, she'll probably immediately take whatever out of court settlement offer you give her. Again, just get rid of her quick before she can make it a big thing and don't fan the flames. If on the offchance she's greedy and pushes for more then tell her to take a hike because she can't actually do shit.
>>
>By this point it's already clear that this lady is your typical obese, melodramatic bitch looking to fuck someone over.

The point is your brother recklessly endangered anothers life. You know kids that age can be tried in certain situations as adults? Maybe going to jail is just the discipline your snot nosed brother needs.
>>
>>16456753

I think the best situation is to call the police and have your younger brother admit he did it and apologize.
>>
>>16456842
This actually sounds like a waste of the police department's time.
>>
>>16456869
There have been plenty of cases of dumb shit people dropping things off of overpasses and causing accidents. In fact, in Virginia at least throwing any object at an occupied moving vehicle is a FELONY, and this includes piddly shit like snowballs and thus almost definitely some random stuffed animal.
http://wtvr.com/2013/01/25/teens-face-felonies-for-throwing-snowballs/
I'm not sure if this is the case in OP's state, although both Florida and Connecticut have similar laws. Even if it isn't a felony, they might still be able to charge him with something like criminal mischief. At the very least it wouldn't be a waste of the police's time to set this kid straight before someone gets seriously injured.
>>
I guess what I'm saying OP is that you should be on your knees thanking God that this lady didn't call the cops and get your dumb shit little brother possibly into the system. If I had done something like throw shit into traffic, with the possibility of causing someone to swerve and cause an accident or even death, my parents would have paddled me so hard I would have been standing to eat for a week. But no, the reaction of your family is to defend his actions. Keep doing that and I lay even money one of you kids is going to be in prison for some other dumb shit before you're thirty.
>>
>>16456925
>But no, the reaction of your family is to defend his actions.

I didn't get that vibe from OP's post but I hope that's not the case. I agree that what OP's brother did was wrong and dangerous. I'd hope this whole incident with him getting caught will be enough to scare him straight into not doing it again. But in the end, nothing actually happened, everyone is fine, there isn't even solid evidence that this occurred, and I don't think this woman that's giving OP's family a hard time is entitled to anything more or less than an honest apology.
>>
>>16456753
Your brother was wrong. Even if the woman is overdoing it, she is the victim. You and your family have no legitimate position other than full apology and evidence that he is being punished. That might be enough to calm her down.

You will only escalate things by trying to put any blame or criticism on her.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.