[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's a party tonight at my college, and I thought it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1415530460582.jpg (106 KB, 680x506) Image search: [Google]
1415530460582.jpg
106 KB, 680x506
There's a party tonight at my college, and I thought it was my chance to meet some people, but I've been wrong once more.

I just went there in the hope of bumping into someone I knew remotely to help me get introduced to a bunch of people. I'm not retarded nor ugly in any way, a bit shy but I get over it with some help. But I didn't see any familiar face and went home after a (lonely) drink.

Sadly, the two friends I could party with sometimes moved away recently, now I'm stuck with a few loners I don't appreciate much and that I would never take to remotely social event.

Next time, how do I prepare for this ? If I was a socially gifted guy, what would I have done ? (ultimate goal is to take home a chick, but having a good time would be enough)
>>
For starters, have more than one drink. Wander around the party, smile when somebody makes eye contact instead of looking away, regardless of male or female. If something noteworthy happens, comment on it to the person next to you.
Going solo to a party is somewhat difficult, but not impossible. Really, the biggest obstacle you have to overcome to socialize is yourself.
>>
>>16456341
Good way to meet people is not party, but common activities.
Like, doing sport / art / some student association at your college.
You will meet guys and girls. Some douchebags, some ok. Just normally share the activity your are doing, and have few other words (the weather is like crazy, y'know?)
Then, say hi when you see them in the street, take 5 mins to talk about boring stuff if needed.
things will go their way.
>>
Sound advice. I'm not too bad when it comes to returning eye contact, I guess with a few more drinks I'll be able to muster the courage to comment on something random. Feels wierd though, does that really mostly end well ?
>>
>>16456380
that mostly ends with nobody caring about it.
It is not a big deal, so you can try as much as you want.
Worse expectation : girls says you'r a creep, and nobody cares.
Best expectation, you get a friend / a gf
>>
>>16456371
I'm trying really hard to do this (already in one of the sport clubs), and it works a bit. But I really feel like I'm missing out all the partying, I haven't really gotten to the "hit me up if you go to that thing" stage yet. Hence the bumping into random familiar faces. I don't enjoy parties that much, but it's the only situations I've been successful with interesting women. Plus, I feel like it's now or never.

But thanks, I'll redouble the effort
>>
>>16456388
Well, I'll try to not be a pussy next time
>>
>>16456341
>a little shy
>won't even initiate a conversation at a party

Bro...
>>
At one point my friend was trying to help me with my shyness, we went to a nice restaurant/ club he made me go up to random groups of people and start talking, I think I was afraid of being rejected but to my surprise everyone welcomed me to the conversation, I walked up to a group once and just said nice hats...lol I ended up having a really good time. Just don't let yourself get in your head and over think it. Write yourself a note before you go out and set a goal to start a conversation with at least two people. You could also wear your favorite band shirt or something of that sort that represents something your interested in, maybe you can attract people with the same interest, it's a great conversation starter!
>>
>>16456438
It might habe been an understatement... After the first awkward minutes I'm good though, I just get absurdly scared of interacting with people I don't know.

>>16456454
Sounds cool, I'll definitely remember that.

Thanks a lot guys, I think I need the encouragements more than anything else, I know it sounds retarded since for most people it's just a natural thing to do.
>>
When I was starting out, I actually always found it was easier to be flirty and social when I WASN'T around my friends. When I was with my friends, any actions I took could be scrutinized and might follow me around, but with total strangers, I'd probably never see them again, so who the fuck cares if I make a total fool of myself?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.