[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok guys I'm hoping you can help me out with this im in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 160x160
Ok guys I'm hoping you can help me out with this im in a little relationship dilemma at the minute, this may be a long story but I'm gonna try make it as short as possible,
> Be me 7(ish) years ago in school
> Shy kid no friends (I have terrible social anxiety problems)
> Girl sits next to me and always try's to talk to me
> I'm too scared to talk back but I like her, she's the only person in my whole year to make an effort with me
> Eventually I start talking to her
> We sit next to each other talking for several years
> During last year of school we finally start hanging out outside of school through mutual friends
> A few months pass and I find out she likes me
> I've never had a girlfriend before and I didn't know how to react
> I ended up starting dating her because I'm too nice of a guy to hurt her feelings
> We both end up getting bullied at school for dating since she's not exactly the best looking girl in the world
> I tried to hide the relationship out of embarrassment but everyone knew
> We leave school and we actually start getting properly close
> She opens up to me about being physically abused by her brother and uncle and emotionally abused by her entire family
> I find out she self harms
> I find out she starved herself to get thinner for being bullied about weight
> I stand by her
> We start to get really close
> I realise I might actually love her
> A few months later I fall out with my Mom and Dad and have to leave home
> Only place to go is to gfs
> I move in and everything is good
mustbelove.jpeg
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 400x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 400x532
>>16455295
> So fast forward a year
> Things are going well still
> GF has stopped self harm completely because of me
> After around 2 years of being together relationship begins to die down and isn't what it is before
> Were more like best friends who occasionally do couple things
> Well recently I've noticed this girl
> Similar age who works as manager in a bodycare shop in my town
> She always gives me the eye
> I give it her
> I can tell she likes me
> I like her back
> My GF knows about how I feel since were really open with each other and she admits the other girl is cute (my GF is bi btw)
> Recently due to my social anxiety and depression I havnt been feeling too well and my GF has helped me through this and I appreciate it greatly
> However i still dont feel too well and I'm still suicidal
> This girl in my town is a 10/10 in my eyes, she's so perfect
> She has a great personality and looks so cute (I'm into the cute innocent look on girls I dont really like hot model type girls)
> I really like her
> I have bad attachment issues so a crush will quickly turn to me loving someone
> I'm literally in love with another girl and my GF at the same time
> I really want this other girl but I dont want to leave or hurt my GF
> Where would I live? What would I do without her?
> Am I just overthinking it all?
> I really want both these girls in my life but I know I can only have one
> My GF who I love so much and I couldn't live without, or the girl of my dreams who is a perfect 10/10 to me
> If I had it my way I would have this new girl but with some of my GFs traits and all of our memories together
> I'm so lost
> Me and my gf also recently brought a hamster together and I love that little shit loads too
> And what would happen to my depression and anxiety without the support of my GF?
> I need help this is driving me fucking crazy
> Wat do?
Pic related looks similar to girl I like
>>
First time starting a serious thread so I dont know what to expect
>>
>>16455295
go for the dream girl, get into a fight with your gf, break up, try not to regret it, regret it really hard, be depressed about it, get over it, realize that she wasn't your dream girl and you didn't love your gf as much as yout thought
>>
>anxious fuck like OP had a girl who liked him
>I try my best and still no GF or any girl ever
>>
I know that feel
>>16455077
>>
>>16455296
Fucks wrong with you?

How dare you leave your loving GF?

Some people..... cant even stay fucking loyal.

Fuck you.
>>
>>16455351
Hey, hey.....
Fuck you anon
>>
Erm.... Crush =/= love unless you've actually at least interacted with this person for more than 10 minutes at a time...

Infatuated maybe, but love? Just no.
>>
>>16455448
This
>>
>>16455459
Yeah, OP is making HUGE assumptions about a person he doesn't even really know.

I imagine OP is very manipulatable and a huge pushover most of the time.
>>
>>16455325
This is a really good answer. We all get lost by the swells of passion. Really thoughtful answer, very realistic.the thing is, you don't really know your dream girl, you just spring on attributes and remain oblivious to faults or reality. She is more perfect than the person you will learn. You want the novelty of perfection more than anything, but also security.i'd say roll the dice and take the risk. You might fail, it might turn out terrible, but you have to learn send accept that you'll fail, op. That its ok to fail, and that you can live on. Pick security or pick novelty in this case. Thank this poster for what he has written.
>>
>>16455295
Well, you definitely shouldn't go with the one you *think* is perfect. She isn't. Believe me. Everyone has faults, you just don't know her enough.
You also seem to be in a good relationship with your GF, so don't fuck it up.

Love isn't about physical attracion, and it isn't about having a burning passion for your partner. As you get older, you will realize how love is a friendship more than anything. If you throw out your current GF for the pretty girl you'll regret it.

Also, don't think that love is the most important thing in life. Everything dies, not only people. You should rely only on yourself

It's also a good idea to go to a therapist or a psychiatrist, it helps out a lot. Don't take any meds btw, they just make you feel worse on the long term
>>
>>16455325
Surprisingly well put. Did this chasing the dream and got shot down hard as fuck. Cry, think about begging for old gf back, realize this was not an option ever, after hardest times come out on the other side and know myself more than ever. Spring gets back in my step and finding girls that are way closer to what I know I want in a relationship.

The worst part is the first time you picture that new better looking dude humping your ex. Ouch.

Then again, fuck me because my relationship of 4 years had 0% of the depth yours seems to have. Really thought I loved her though.

>Go with your <3
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.