[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being a wizard in love must be the worst feeling there is /adv/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 20060604.jpg (89 KB, 400x478) Image search: [Google]
20060604.jpg
89 KB, 400x478
Being a wizard in love must be the worst feeling there is /adv/.
Your brain behaves like the brain of a 15 year old, you're being infatuated with a girl; borderline obsession. It makes me really depressed.

Stop seeing her is not an option because we kinda work together. Time also didn't do anything for me. I am feeling like this for almost a year. Yesterday I was out for a drink with her and and some other of her friends. I couldn't stop fantasizing we're together. I drove her home, came back to my home and I was really gutted. I really can't describe with words how I feel.

Is there anything I can do to stop feeling like this? Is there anyone who knows this feel?

Just need someone to talk with.
>>
Did you at least make a move?
Does she know you're interested?
>>
>>16454854
This girl only accepts my invitations when there are going to be other people coming.

I tried like 3 times to ask her casually to go for a drink or to see a movie and she always says that she's busy. But when I call her and say "hey me and "random common acquaintance" are going for a drink, wanna come?" she always accepts.
>>
Hey OP, Its clear as day that she isnt interested, and when a womans says shes not interested, she means it, You should probably stop seeing her altogether. Get your mind away from her. Try taking up a hobby or meet some new people.
>>
>>16454991
Thank you. I had figured out that she isn't interested. Still it's not easy to control my feelings especially when I have to spend a significant amount of time with her.
And I have a lot of hobbies and generally busy schedule but those moments right after I wake up in the morning and I'm thinking of her and the fact that I'm alone just wreck me.
>>
You're not alone hun, 24 year old wiz here. I've been madly in love with a coworker of mine for halve a year. But to no avail. Can't really recommend much apart from removing her from your contacts and focusing on other things.

I myself have been thinking about joining a dating site for a while now, but I'm not ready to take the step just yet.

Oh I also find that rationalizing the feelings and realizing their unproductiveness helps, for a short period of time at least.
>>
>>16454848
>being a wizards
>getting infatuated with a girl
I don't think this is how it works.
>>
>>16455024
Why not? Not every wizard is wizard by choice.
>>
>>16455024
wizards are people too and have feelings and needs like everyone else.
>>
>>16455026
Dunno man, you probably right, but (at least for me) the wizard would be someone who is beyond it. Not necessarily accepting his fate, but venturing the path of no turning back for way too long.

>not by choice
Shit, how do you do that? Sounds pretty sad.
I know I did some concious decisions that brought me where I am now, alas I never signed a "no love for you" paper.

>>16455036
How do you know for sure you're in love if you never was in love and can't compare it?
>>
>>16455040
>How do you know for sure you're in love if you never was in love and can't compare it?

So what you are saying is that I'm incapable of feeling love?
>>
>>16455040
>Shit, how do you do that?
By simply not getting any opportunities ever and being absolutely socially inept.
>>
>>16455053
Dunno, are you?
At any rate (and sorry for starting two, consecutive posts with "dunno"), are you willing/ready/capable of opening up to someone, like, sharing goods and bads and past. And committing to it.
I don't think I would.
((Sorry for addressing that bit, I shouldn't have done it like that))

>>16455055
Not getting any opportunities? The hell dose that even mean? Like, you don't leave your basement? Are you chained to the wall or something? My friend, if you are not creating yourself with opportunities (as long as you aren't bed ridden cripple) than there is only you to be blamed.
((I firstly read this as not _taking_ any opportunities - when you finally have them you better take them, or else))
>>
>>16455071
>If you are not creating yourself with opportunities than there is only you to be blamed.

I know, I take full responsibility. And I'm not bedridden, I just don't go out much except to get to work. I don't really have a lot of friends to meet up with, and when I do go out I'm only second-guessing everything I do and say anyway. Call me lazy if you must, but it's so much easier to just stay inside.
>>
>>16455085
>I just don't go out much except to get to work
You should, though.
Hit a bar. Join a gym. Go to movies or something. Be it with a friends or with out. Start doing something and soon you'll find yourself in a completely new world. You deserve better, but if you don't even try, you won't be any better.
Cheers.

>I know, I take full responsibility.
Acceptance is the first step to reform. Or it would, if you didn't forgot to take the next one.

>>If you are not creating yourself with opportunities than there is only you to be blamed
Fuck, my English is all over the place. Does it even makes sense.
>>
>>16455109
Fuck, my English is all over the place. Does it even makes sense.

You do kind of write like a drunken fool. But it's ok, I forgive you. What you're saying still makes sense and you are trying to help me. If everyone were like this I'd have no trouble going out. But most of the time everyone just seems to be out to get me.

I'll try to put in some effort, maybe.
>>
>>16455129
>I'll try to put in some effort, maybe.
You try putting some effort, period.

>You do kind of write like a drunken fool. But it's ok, I forgive you.
Cool. Part because my English ain't what it used to be and part because I want, but am not willing to, expose myself as the permavirgin beta faggot dead inside wizardo.

>everyone just seems to be out to get me
Shit hits me too, sometimes.
Don't beta it down mate. Maybe you'll find that one special somebody who won't be after your blood. I keep my thumbs crossed.
>>
>>16454848
>Being a wizard in love must be the worst feeling there is /adv/.
As I've gotten older, I've come to understand that it is not useful to conpare people's pain. It is better to focus on what could make it stop.

>Your brain behaves like the brain of a 15 year old, you're being infatuated with a girl; borderline obsession. It makes me really depressed.
You admit the childishness of this feeling. This is an importabt step on the road to recovery; it puts you ahead of many.

>Stop seeing her is not an option because we kinda work together. Time also didn't do anything for me. I am feeling like this for almost a year.
Time won't do anything on its own. You need time AND distance. This may mean changing jobs, or at least departments. I am sorry, but it's the only way.

>Is there anything I can do to stop feeling like this? Is there anyone who knows this feel?
I know that feel. And I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no easy fix.

It IS possible to achieve emotional distance without physical distance, when circumstances are right. I did it once, in fact. But trust me: you do NOT want to take the route I took. It messed me up in ways that took even longer to fix than my no-gf status did. Take the change in environment. It's much better for the psyche.

>only accepts my invitations when there are going to be other people coming
Then you have my condolences, but it's over. She's onto you, she isn't interested, and she is at least a little bit scared. You have no chance with her anymore. Abandon ship.
>>
>>16455109
You confuse me with someone who just wants to get laid.
I don't know how old are you, but after a certain age wizard or not your sexual urges is not the driving force. Not being alone, being intimate with someone, even having someone to give a hug to... that's what's important.
>>
>>16455159
>Not being alone, being intimate with someone, even having someone to give a hug to... that's what's important.
You hit the nail in the head like you were talking about yourself.
I'm already so deep into this that I am positive that I'd refuse free pussy just because I know it would be a painfully awkward experience. I mean, if I wasn't horny, because being horny makes me do things of questionable morality that I often regret later.
Well, whatever, at least some guy thought my ramblings could do him good.
Cheers.
>>
Been there. Put your energy into something else, and time will eventually heal you.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.