[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a C in Calculus II. Should I retake it before taking Caculus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: rodney.jpg (30 KB, 432x216) Image search: [Google]
rodney.jpg
30 KB, 432x216
I got a C in Calculus II. Should I retake it before taking Caculus III, or would that be a waste of time?

Changing majors is totally out of the question.
>>
>>16454006
Do not retake it
>>
>>16454006
Don't retake it. That's a fine grade. Instead, evaluate why you did not do as well as you had hoped. Increase your study time, find tutors, etc. Figure out what went wrong so you can excel in the next class.
>>
>>16454015
Why not?
>>
>>16454020
But I don't think I'm ready for Calculus III. I need an A in Calculus III, and I don't know if that's feasible after getting a C in Calculus II.
>>
>>16454021
Dude I failed multiple calcs and retaking it did not increase my understanding of the subject . you can go through college faster if you don't repeat and make money faster
>>
>>16454027
Calc III is nowhere near as hard as Calc II. And I have a BS in Mathematics.
>>
>>16454041
Do you think it is feasible--not just possible, but feasible--that I will be able to make an A in Calculus III?
>>
>>16454065
Calc III takes the Calc II material and asks you to do it in 3 dimensions. It's that easy.
>>
>>16454070
But I did badly in Calculus II. I need an A in Calculus III. Is that feasible?
>>
Calc. 3 is way easier than Calc. 2. You'll need stuff from Calc. 2 for ODE and PDE, but that's about it.

I also got a C in Calc. 2, but I went on to get a B in Calc. 3. I was in your same boat at one point, but I'm glad I moved on.
>>
>>16454073
Yes, because you are asked to do the same thing over again... You'll be fine.
>>
>>16454087
I donĀ“t want a B in Calculus III. I need an A in Calculus III.
>>
Depends on if it's junior college or not.
Pretty much every university would want you to earn a B in your core subjects before transferring.
>>
>>16454102
Then tutor your peers in a study group. You will really learn it that way.
>>
>>16454006
There's a life plan - just keep retaking every course until you memorize the tests and get As in all of them.
>>
File: 1424190049471.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1424190049471.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>16454006
Damn it you posted this already and got butthurt when everyone told you it'd be retarded to major in something you suck at.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.