[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do with a Linguistics major?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image__87_.jpg (1 MB, 1686x2048) Image search: [Google]
image__87_.jpg
1 MB, 1686x2048
What can I do with a Linguistics major?
>>
>>16453638
Sweep floors
>>
Teach English in Thailand.
>>
>>16453638
suck dicks
>>
Oh no what am I going to do
>>
go to grad school
>>
>>16453749
why are you doing this to me
>>
im going to drive off the pier
>>
/adv/!
>>
File: 20151020_140206.jpg (615 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151020_140206.jpg
615 KB, 2048x1152
Teach
>>
>>16453993
but
>>
>>16453638
Do criminology as post-grad and get a job with the FBI, NSA, HS, CIA or KFC.
>>
>>16454398
but i hate the Man
>>
Take orders at a fast food resturant in a few different countries
>>
>>16454636
Cmon dude
>>
>>16453638
I work in HR at a big corporation, and I was an English major.

I got the job for the same reason I now hire people - I somehow managed to convince them that I was more than my transcript, and was someone who could learn a new field, work with people, fit in with the corporate culture and be of value to the company.

It is a myth that you can only work in the field you majored in. My company policy is to hire the person, not the transcript, and we'll take a live-wire philosophy major over a brain dead business major any day.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.