[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck am I supposed to tell my girlfriend I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 0TkuEDNl.jpg (68 KB, 640x590) Image search: [Google]
0TkuEDNl.jpg
68 KB, 640x590
How the fuck am I supposed to tell my girlfriend I don't love her anymore, /adv/?

We've been together for 3 years now and outright telling her that I don't love her would be fucking brutal. She'll hate my guts for telling her that out of a sudden and I wouldn't like that. I really like her as a person - but not as a partner.

Is being blunt the only option here?
>>
>>16451507

Blunt is best. Otherwise, if you go the more careful route it might leave her with an impression that there's still a chance there or that you just need to take a break or something. Be honest and straightforward, as uncomfortable as it might be, it will result in the best out come eventually.
>>
>>16451507
She's my first girlfriend and I'm her first boyfriend by the way thus me being lost as to what the fuck am I supposed to do here. We're both 20.
>>
Ask yourself, would you rather lie to her and yourself and try to keep it going. People fall out of love mate, its apart of growing up.

She will most likely hate you for some while, but unless shes an absolute psycho, she will forgive you.

I'm going through similar shit right now brother, it sucks but there are definitely days I feel much better.
>>
>>16451514
>>16451519
Fucking Christ man... I don't think she's ready for that. She thinks everything's fine. Her parents too. Won't she think it's her fault or whatever? I don't want her to do some stupid shit because of me. I seriously think we'd be better of as just friends but that's unnacceptable to say becaue of how cliche that sounds.
>>
You don't have to tell her "I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE"
Just tell her that you don't see a future with her and you want to remain friends.
>>
>>16451531
Just tell her that you're sorry, that you truly care about her, but that you've fallen out of love with her.

Don't drag it on, you will begin to resent her.

>I've seen it happen with my best friend, and it go so fucking ugly to the point where the entire thing just became a never-ending cycle of toxicity. She worshiped him, but bit by bit, he started to hate every aspect of her. He's normally a pretty nice guy, but he started treating her like absolute trash to the point where I wanted to smack him and tell him to stop being a coward and just fucking break up with her (what made it worse was I thought of her like a little sister). I don't know that I've ever breathed as heavy and glad a sigh as the day when he finally broke up with her.
>>
>>16451545
>and you want to remain friends.

if you do this, you'll prolong the process and end up hurting her way more. As to what to do and say: I don't know. It's objective and personal.
Bottom line: if you break up, make a clean cut and don't contact her/give her hope that you'll get together again because that puts her in fucking agony. Part of growing up m8. The game is rigged
>>
>>16451573
I'm starting to feel the same. The most inane things about her are starting to get frustrating. It's not extreme and I haven't started to treat her differently but I can feel it's already there...

>>16451577
Maybe you're right. We know each other for like 10 years though so I don't know if it applies so easily here. I mean I don't want to give her any hope of coming back together, I just want to be able to talk with her casually since we both share may of our intrests.

I'll try to do it later today, wish me luck. My heart's already pounding...
>>
>>16451514
this desu senpai
>>
>>16451602
yeah it's time to let go then

be strong, OP
>>
>>16451610
I'll try.

Thanks guys.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.