[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some help figuring out what career would be best suited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: UN-e1443714120772.png (218 KB, 1280x1070) Image search: [Google]
UN-e1443714120772.png
218 KB, 1280x1070
I need some help figuring out what career would be best suited for me. Where should I go about finding someone to help? I am in my 20s.
>>
>>16450458
Maybe try working various entry level jobs until you find out more about yourself. Then use the Occupational Outlook Handbook to browse for something that fits the criteria you've gained through life experience.
>>
You need to realise that a 'career' is less and less of a thing. People jump around all over the place with their jobs nowadays, it's becoming more and more uncommon for people to stick to one job or company for their whole lives. What they do is do a job they like for a while, then move on to another, usually related, job, and then repeat the process.
>>
>>16450458

Try brainstorming some lists. "Things I am above average at" "things I am not good at/don't enjoy" and see if that leads you anywhere.

Volunteering can help too. I volunteered for years in college and it really helped me direct my interests and find out that I actually hate certain things I thought I'd enjoy.
>>
>>16450465
I have a lot of entry level jobs the problem is the ones I find interesting require college so before I invest the money I want to see the pros and cons with someone that specializes in helping people with career choices. I havegone to colleges in the past for career advice and they do not help they just want me in and to take my money.
>>
>>16450467

A career doesn't mean staying at one job for your whole life. You can have a career that involves leveraging the skills you learned at a previous job to get into a job that is related but not exactly linear.
>>
>>16450472
Will do thank you Anon.
>>
you could take a personality test, they usually have a list of careers you'd be best suited for.
http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
>>
In college or any type of school?

See if they have a career councilor or similar. They will have all sorts of tests you can try out to discover things you might not know existed.
>>
>>16450517
MBTI is not helpful for career placement imo
>>
>>16450517
Its odd because I sometimes get Infp and infj
>>
>>16450517
>MBTI
You might as well consult your horoscope
>>
>>16450531
>meming this hard
>>
>>16450552
Are you implying samefag as >>16450527? There's less than a minute between the two posts. I'm sorry your personality quiz isn't credible, but a quick Google search would tell you that it has no validity.
>>
>>16450559
Most of the criticism from internet writers is actually based on the reliability of the tests, not the actual model for human personality. Show me something that refutes the core principles of MBTI, that is Jungian Cognitive Dichotomies and you'll have done more to convince me.
>>
>>16450611
Here's an article in plain English. It's got references if you're interested in reading more

www.indiana.edu/~jobtalk/Articles/develop/mbti.pdf
>>
>>16450629
This article criticizes the test. Just like I said most do. I agree the tests are shit. The theory behind the MBTI model is not.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.