[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boss is a really scary person. He gets extremely angry at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1352314644314.jpg (9 KB, 251x218) Image search: [Google]
1352314644314.jpg
9 KB, 251x218
My boss is a really scary person. He gets extremely angry at everyone for the tiniest of mistakes, and has a short temper. It's been more than a couple of times he got so angry and yelled so much it almost made me panic and cry (the only reason I didn't it's because I hate crying in public). Sometimes other coworkers fuck up and he gets angry for the rest of the day and takes it out on everyone, so talking to him becomes impossible if you don't want to be insulted or yelled to. This happens on a daily basis.

Now, I'm a very patient person and I've tried to see things from his perspective, being a boss ain't easy and I get that, but it hasn't worked to make things less stressful for me. The only way I've found that I can deal with this is basically shutting down emotionally and become an emotionless robot, but regardless it's still stressful to deal with people like this every day and I'm starting to really hate where I work. Everyone are too scared of him to say something because he absolutely loses it when someone even implies he has a problem. He starts to hit walls and curse everyone and basically throw insults everywhere if you slightly imply he made some mistake. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you deal with it?
>>
File: 9d6.jpg (144 KB, 854x945) Image search: [Google]
9d6.jpg
144 KB, 854x945
>>16449948
Is he gay? If so, deep throat him. It should make him atleast treat you better.
>>
Well done for being incredibly understanding and balanced. I admire that of you, I think you ought to be proud.

It's quite hard to change a boss, let alone anyone. I think the best advice for you would be to find a new job. The only way I could see things improving is if EVERYONE got together to make some sort of balanced comment about his behavior. While people might think he deserves it and you should all fuck his shit up, he's a human being with feelings, and if everyone turns around and says "We all hate you, you're a dick" he's going to shit. Whether anyone deserves it or not, it's quite unfair to say "change your entire existence instantly, we all hate you."

After writing this out, I should probably say- you should find another job, because it's not your job to fix either him or his company/department. He has a duty of care to you that he is fucking up big time, put yourself first- be there if he asks for help.
>>
>>16449948
Post his phone number on /b/, they will kindly council him.
>>
>>16450038
I hate the "/b/ is your personal army" shit but, this is pretty genius.
Nothing like an asshole getting calls from other assholes to straighten a nigga out
>>
>>16449948
You should probably start looking for another job, and as soon as you line something out, fucking get out of there.
Nothing worse than emotionally unstable superiors.
Dude's wife is probably keking him and he's taking it out on his staff
>>
Having just gotten out from under a difficult boss, my advice is to do the same. NOTHING will improve youNOTHINGas dramatically and quickly as this will, except possinly gall bladder surgery, and I'm not sure about the gall bladder surgery.

Start looking for another job. Tell NO ONE at your current job what you are doing. Once you've accepted an offer, put in the minimum amount of notice you can, do not let them talk you into staying, and do not tell them why you're leaving.

In fact, the more confused your coworkers are, the better. Someone will get curious. Questions will be asked, and they will point back to this guy, but in a way that cannot be traced to you. Even if your old boss ever does figure it out, you will be beyond his reach.
>>
>>16449948
Just find a new job. There aren't many jobs worth that sort of treatment. If you work for a company that would allow someone like that to maintain a management position then it is basically hopeless and your options are to deal with it or leave.
>>
>>16449948
Did you listen to what he had to say or did you just pretend to listen and fucked up the work he had you do?

Blunders are a waste of resources when it comes to work, so he's uptight about your mistakes.
>>
>>16449948
It's also a problem if you have to make someone sound like a broken record having to tell you what to do every time.
>>
File: job.jpg (70 KB, 490x417) Image search: [Google]
job.jpg
70 KB, 490x417
He's your boss, not your mother. You want sympathy, pick up a fucking dictionary. It's between 'shit' and 'syphilis.'

I've got 21 guys working under me. I try my best to get the best out of them. They need to do their jobs, and do it well BY MY STANDARDS, not theirs, and that's an important distinction, OP.

If your boss' management style cuts into your productivity, that's a problem. If, however, your productivity isn't up to par, and standard means of improving that don't work, or your boss has an ample supply of applicants for your job, there's not much point on investing time and emotional energy in you as an employee.
You may feel that you're a productive, valuable employee. Your boss might not share your opinion.

Welcome to the workplace. Your replacement is just a phone call away.
>>
>>16451259

It's sad that this isn't a troll and some people think that being a belligerent asshole is a good management strategy. The worst bit is:

>there's not much point on investing time and emotional energy in you as an employee.

It's such a dumb way of viewing things and all that ends up happening is that you treat everyone like shit so only the biggest fucking losers remain working for you and most of the time you have relatively new staff that don't know what they are doing training the brand new staff. And you spend some of your time every month or so finding new employees, training them up instead of getting work out of them, and generally having people under you with terrible attitudes that have no interest in doing the work.

It's been proven quite conclusively that people are only really productive under bosses that understand them and get along with them.
>>
>>16451235
>>16451243
Yes. I've tried to give him reasons to not be upset. Trying to do my job right, getting to work on time, being polite to him, everything. Even when he insults me I try to keep my cool and stay calm, but no matter what I do, he's always angry. The thing that bothers me the most is that he's angry at everyone when it was just one person that made a mistake.
>>
>>16451273
This is exactly what has been happening lately. In the time I've been there, 2 people have left because they can't stand the boss. And judging by the personnel history, many people got into the job and left after a couple of months.

Given, he has the exact same attitude as this guy >>16451259 literally I've heard him say he doesn't give a shit if people leave when he can always hire new staff. It's kind of sad.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.