[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relationship Advice So my girlfriend and I go to class. I get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Relationship Advice
So my girlfriend and I go to class. I get out and meet her in her usual spot and see she is laughing a bunch with a douchebag that I've told her to stay away from ( good reasons for that)
I say shit but mostly we ignore it and walk around. As we walk through a crowded area I see her check out this guy three times with her eyes, trying to hide it and stuff. How should I be reacting? How would you? I can't seem to get over this ( it was yesterday )
>>
> I've told her to stay away from
yeah that's not exactly how it works, you're not her daddy. Either you trust her to not fuck them or you don't.

if she does want to fuck them you're not going to stop her and might as well dump her.
>>
>>16448040
Well we mutually agreed that she would stay away from him.

This isn't focusing on that though, I just hate that she was checking out a guy WITH me. It makes me wonder how she thinks when I'm not around.
>>
To control a girl and have her do as you say you first need to make her loyal and submissive to you, you've clearly failed and gave out orders before she was willing to do as told. You've fucked it up already, she's already testing and pushing the boundaries to see how far she can go.

Put your foot down and let her know you are not having it, you've already given in so she may just laugh at you and ignore anything you say. Best bet is to find another girl that's more submissive.
>>
>>16448045
Actually, we've both been mutually loyal for a while. Like basically, no other friends even. More than loyal haha. That's why this bothers me so much, I'm not used to it.
>>
>>16448048
Not as loyal as you think considering she ignored your request to avoid specific guys.

Sounds like shes pushing things and seeing how far she can go, figuring out if you really are the balls of the relationship or if she can grow a pair herself.

As for you catching her "checking out a guy" It sounds to me like you are over-thinking. I check out girls all the time, holy shit whilst with my girlfriend I can't help myself but catch a peek at some cleavage or ass. This may not be the case for your girlfriend, but you really can't do much about her looking at another guy. You should have addressed it at the moment, if you question her about it now you will only seem like a insecure pussy that has worried about her looking at someone for ages, she will lie and tell you she has no clue what you are on about.
>>
>>16448053
I did address her at that moment. And I want to address again that I have a problem with it. I check out girls too sometimes, I get that. I guess I'm just over protective, but that's not going to change.
>>
>>16448055
With my girlfriend we have a rule...
We both love the other and want the relationship to work as good as possible right? Willing to do anything to keep it going? To keep the other happy?

Well then, if something bothers me, i can talk to her, and tell her to stop, she can do the same to me. This works for stop talking to people, stop doing things, don't do this, or in your case stop checking out guys.
I guess you are admitting it bugs you, and if she wants to prove to you that she really does care about you, and your feelings. She will stop checking out other guys.

This works perfectly in my relationship, some people argue it of course, me and my girlfriend are just happy together and are willing to give up our freedom and personal space to keep the other happy.
>>
You sound insecure. By telling her to NOT do something, you're pushing her to do it. Be okay with it and she might realize on her own that shit's fucked up. If she doesn't, she wouldn't have listened to you anyway and you would have done more damage flipping your shit about it.

As for checking other guys out, that's a natural thing to do. You should be checking other girls out, too.

Basically chill out and check out other girls.
>>
>>16448032
That's her backup OP. How long have you two been dating? She probably doesn't feel as great about the relationship and is looking for someone to escape with. I would just cut it cold if this keeps up for another week. From the point of view you've given us, she's giving off signals that she will cheat. Never listen to a woman's words, only her actions.
>>
thanks everyone.

am I wrong to want a relationship where you don't check other people out? with strong loyalty? we are strongly in live with each other so I guess I'm being clingy and stuff.
>>
>>16448806
strong loyalty doesn't mean not checking others out. it means complete honesty and deep, deep friendship that isn't broken by stupid shit like this.
>>
I wouldn't date someone who doesn't know how to behave themselves around their significant other. No demands, no begging. I simply wouldn't be with them.
>>
>>16448830
I get you completely. it's not necessarily the act itself but the meaning behind it. if she does this shit while walking next to me, what does she do/think when I'm not with her, you know? We also had a problem with her ex at the beginning of her relationship. There have been lies, so my insecurity is heightened.
>>
>>16448851
well that's a problem I guess. lies destroy relationships, even small ones.
>>
>>16448858
yes and they were big ones. so I brought the problem up to her and she completely denied it , and then told me she didn't talk to the guy. she is telling my eyes deceive me haha. IDK guys.
>>
>>16448869
sounds like she could use a hot poker to the face
>>
>>16448055
You are not over protective, you are undersecure.

You think/know you are not good enough for her or really any woman to stay with, so you try to make rules and set boundaries.

You have a choice here. Either you can grow the fuck up and realize that you are in school and having no other friends is stunting and weird and decide that you need to relax about this relationship (which probably has a 90% chance of failing anyway) and your general social situation and become a normal functioning member of society - or - you cn keep trying to control your gf, your environment, etc and end up disappointed and feeling hurt and rejected and possibly becoming an abuser.

I probably overstated most of this, but you sound creepy as fuck to me.

Generally, you either trust your gf or you don't. If you don't, you have a shitty relationship anyway so why do you want to hold on to it.

"It doesnt matter where she gets her appetite, as long as she eats her meals at home."
>>
>>16448894
you assumed a little too much.

is it really insane to want your significant other's attention to be focused on you?
>>
>>16448869
Again, like I said earlier anon. Watch her actions, don't listen to what she says. She has an interest in this guy either romantically or just platonic. Just watch her, don't voice your concern. You'll come off as needy and insecure which will drop her attraction level towards you. If she continues to do this you're going to have to be able to drop her OP. Don't put up with her shit if you don't like it. Just tell her why and move on, no other explanation needed.
>>
>>16449270
Yes. Her world is bigger than you are.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.