[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ACT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: act.jpg (82 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
act.jpg
82 KB, 600x600
How do I pass the ACT? I'm studying literally all day and I'm barely making improvements. I have a month until I take it.
>>
I should be clear I do fine on the Reading and English... science is a bit flimsy, but the math is what's really kicking my ass.
>>
And I dont have money to spend on a tutor or tons of books. I have the Barron's ACT guide.
>>
>>16448023

take the practice tests

those ACT stuidy guides also free at library
>>
it's the age of information, dude. google is your best friend right now because you have almost limitless amounts of ACT study materials available online for free (legally or otherwise).

for the math section, just practice problems you don't feel confident about. that's about the only thing you can do to study for anything related to the math that'll be on the ACT.
>>
Just practice you faggot it isn't like the ACT is hard or anything.
>>
>>16448644
I want to make at least a 31 (pause for laughs)
>>
>>16448660
I got a 27 having never done any ACT prep other than the required stuff in school on 3 hours of sleep.

Just do lots of practice tests and get good sleep and you will probably do better. The science part is easy because there are a ton of really obvious patterns to all the questions. If you are good at math then all I can say is do more math.
>>
>>16448644
He is practicing. What he really is asking is HOW to practice.
>>
>>16448015
Op, what you really need to do is go over your reviews as much as possible. Be as repetitive as you can for that is one of the best ways to burn things, like math, into your mind.
>>
I took the ACT once and the SAT twice and for me studying didn't seem to help at all. I'm a lazy sack of shit, though, so maybe it would be different for you. Why do you even want / need a good ACT score? If you are trying to squeeze into some pseudo-Ivy League school by just barely hitting the required test scores; don't. It's really not worth it, much more important to pick a good major than a good university. I would recommend just getting a good nights sleep and making sure you work quickly through the questions you know for each section and then coming back to the ones you don't at the end. Make sure you use info from previous questions to answer the next ones if/when applicable.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.