[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that women find it unattractive when men are emotionally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1405825065549.jpg (29 KB, 283x400) Image search: [Google]
1405825065549.jpg
29 KB, 283x400
Is it true that women find it unattractive when men are emotionally open with them?

Not like weeping woe-is-me tampon tier shit but like just talking about how they honestly feel about shit

I keep getting very polarized responses on this. Guys tell me it's a turn off, girls tell me it's good and healthy

thanks /adv/
>>
>>16445336
Listen to guys on this one. Women bullshit to you to no end. Men know how women are. If you aren't a rich young brad pitt, keep it to yourself.
>>
>>16445336
Huge turn-off.
As soon as you show any signs of weakness in front of a woman, she'll be instantly disgusted and won't really see you as a real man anymore. As soon as that happens she'll start ignoring you, grow cold, distant and find herself a real alpha male.
>>
>>16445336

People in general don't like weakness
>>
>>16445336
It's not a good idea to. Women want you to share your emotions, but you never should, because in the end they WILL use it against you when push comes to shove.
>>
Thanks for the replies

but I don't mean like

sad sappy shit about how you're sad or insecure

I mean like honesty like "Can you cut out that bullshit behaviour" "I really like you" "I'd rather you did this"

if that makes sense
>>
>>16445363
Yeah, that's fine. Put your woman in her rightful place.
>>
>>16445336
As long as what you're honestly feeling is genuinely not something pathetic (cowardice, jealousy, etc...).
>>
some women may like it and some women may not depending on their personality. I think that this "Can you cut out that bullshit behaviour" "I really like you" "I'd rather you did this" is fine as long as you don't over do it or else you will look wimpy. I can tell when a guy is being too sensitive and it's makes me wanna puke.
>>
>>16445336
in my experience, women find it unattractive. they will say "oh i want a sensitive guy! real men arent afraid of their feelings!!!11" but as soon as you let even something minor slip, the pussy dries up. this applies even to the most trivial things, things you wouldnt even think twice to talk about with someone in a non flirting/non relationship context
>>
>>16445336

women make up literally half the population. every woman is completely different. while trends are a thing do you think many or most women will be like

what does 'talking about how they honestly feel about shit' even mean, cuz thats avgue itself.
>>
>>16445336
Of course. Women want stoicism. Any emotion other than jealousy or anger will instantly turn off a woman. You aren't allowed to have any other feelings because that would make you weak and insecure.
>>
>>16445363
Yeah, because that's showing strength, not weakness.
NEVER cry in front of a woman or appear weak/sensitive.
>>
>>16445336

>Is it true

that /adv 4m is mostly trolling ?

yes
>>
File: 1372074089597.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1372074089597.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>16445347

OP, it really depends on the woman.

Being emotionally open isn't wrong, showing weakness is to SOME women.

It really just depends on the girl, for real. I've been with girls who were emotionally deep and rly cared about my emotions and then I've been with the kind of girl that finds that really unattractive.

The kind of girls who find "feelings" unattractive are just daddy girls who've never rly suffered in life, and trust me, you don't want those.

On the other hand, my dad's like fucking clint eastwood in person, he NEVER EVER shows a feeling (except smiles, anger..) and his marriage is fucking shit, cause my mother feels like he's always neglected her.
>>
If you can't let out a good, contained cry for whatever reason in front of your girl, fuck that whore. Who wants to be in a relationship like that?
>>
>>16445466
This. What kind of vapid, self absorbed, judgmental, piece of shit woman will resent you for being a human being? Not somebody I want to spend time with.
>>
>>16445393
My experience is that they guys who have the most luck with women are generally the most cold hearted ones.

Like borderline sociopaths.
Lawful evil alignment.
>>
Let me tell you a little story, OP.

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't give a fuck. I prefer to do my own thing by myself, and definitely don't bother to pursue women. Most of the time that means I just ignore them and they ignore me in return, which is fine.

Now here's the problem. Every once in a while I will actually like a woman, and in that case I tend to actually become sort of a different person. I am really affectionate and caring. So, what happens is that I'll meet a woman who I sort of think I could like and who is attracted to me based on what she sees, and then over time I'll start to really like her. If things work out and we become really close, then she'll see a different side of me. At first it's great. You know, women say that this sort of thing is what they want. But it doesn't last. Like everyone else says, eventually she starts to see that side of me as weakness. Then she loses interest.

Shit sucks, but these guys are right. Women don't want men to show any emotion at all no matter how much they say they do.
>>
>>16445336
yes you have to be the stronger person in the relationship they already have a pussy they don't need another pussy. If you want to attract women you need to be the opposite of what they are if they are nice you have to be a jerk because you are just going to project what she already has.
>>
Thanks guys. Guess I was a bit too nice.

Had a fling with a girl this summer from another city (mutual friends)

She had a weird freakout with me over "being too close to me" and left to go stay at her ex's for the weekend that she swore she wasn't into anymore

I've hooked up with other girls since then, she's been trying to contact me again, just wondering how to treat her next time we talk since I kind of want an easy lay when I visit my friend in the other city (she's a really fun hookup)
>>
>>16445680
just remember to be unpredictable and to always be the opposite if they are needy then don't be a needy person yourself. also don't be a try hard and try to buy love or things in that nature.
>>
>>16445704

Yeah no it was nothing like that. She had daddy issues so I've been told it's pretty likely I did nothing wrong, she's just nuts

But I'd be lying if it isn't fun to stick your dick in crazy

she had a crush on me for an entire year so I feel like I can still get some next time I see her
>>
If you can't be honest and sweet with a girl then what's the point?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.