[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help. Read picture. Just posted this on Facebook. Posting it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 750x750
Help. Read picture. Just posted this on Facebook. Posting it here for a larger audience.

Please... What happens to other people who are mentally retarded and no one wants to, or can, take care of them? Is it true that institutions still beat patients? Help
>>
They get institutionalized. If you call the cops and he's out of control, they take him to the nearest mental health center.

I have no idea why you think he's going to get beaten more at a mental health facility.

Call 911 and give them your address, explain the situation. You'll have to give your name.
>>
>>16444425
>I was he was just aborted.

Thanks that would make a psychologist same "hmmmmmmm".
>>
>>16444447
Oh sorry I didn't clarify. Mo mom beats my autistic brother every day to the point were if you approach him, he'll do the thing like prepare to get hit again. Like hell shift his body or move his arm to cover his face.

And she just makes him sit and watch TV all day. No one goes out to do anything with him. No one wants him. Father doesn't give a shit either
>>
>>16444450
Well no one derserves to live mentally retarded
>>
First off if you know someone is being abused, you should report it right away. They won't wisk them right away. They'll start by just checking round and that should go a long ways towards simply stopping that.

Secondly there are adult care centers and adults who need it can be in the custody and care of the state. There are a variety of establishments some are like where they live separate but someone comes by daily. Others are more like nursing homes. And others are even more intense if needed. All of these are carefully regulated and while abuse does occur, it is not common at all. Some are even very amazing places.

Something you can do for someone you know who is disabled to help them in the future is to try to establish a trust for their care. Not even just for money although that helps, just simply a legal share where there will be multiple family members involved in making decisions for their care and who are in the loop so any potential abuse will be more likely to be noticed. Another important thing is to actually visit them and see what is going on.

But it's really not as vile and scary as you imagine. Legitimately disabled People have access to money and programs for their support.
>>
>>16444461

You need to call the police immediately man. This second. The places who may take him are so so so so much better than that. They will not beat him. Fuck your parents. Call immediately first thing tomorrow.
>>
>>16444461
you need to call the cops right away what the fuck. but desu i would not literally give a phone call. go down to the station- the physical police station and ask to speak to an officer priveately about a situation, and ask the officer that you remain an anonymous informant in the report. this way, they will be able to come by without sirens on, and without it being a huge rush/emergency without them really knowing the situation. if you call 911 your parents could turn this around and make it so the cops leave and convince the cops youre just mad because they made you clean the bathroom or something (i know because my mom would throw pans at me and if i called the cops shed sweettalk them into thinking i was just mad i was grounded)

anyway, so you should go to the station even if you have to walk there, just go. and tell them they cant tell your parents it was you or they may turn on you and hit you. this is very serious and fucked up PLEASE go to the police. also, delete that status RIGHT NOW. someone could send it to your parents, that was not smart.

what happens when he gets taken is that he basically goes to a mental ward where he will be well taken care of, and treated with medicine most likely, watched over by a doctor. the staff at those places can't really abuse patients nowdays... they all have cameras because of lawsuits.

but yeah def DONT call 911 they will barge in like elephants and he probably wont even get taken.
>>
>>16444515
Anon that is a very good idea. I did call 911 on her in the past, like when I was a kid, and she did sweettalk the authorities. Has held a grudge on me ever since.

Can I get help for my brother without money to actually do so? Can he be sent to a better place without too much action on my part? What if when my parents refuse to change everything for the better? They want to keep things how they've been for years: abusive and controlling. Something else I plan to do is get my video camera and obtain visual or audible proof of her beating him, and visual proof of my dad letting it happen and not stopping to do something. Often he will actually frame my brother for doing something bad, and do nothing when he gets beat.

Btw anon my parents don't use Facebook or computers much. And none of my friends are in contact with my parents
>>
>>16444567

Proof is a good idea. Yes, they will help him without you needing to give any extra money. The places really aren't that bad. Think funded nursing homes where it is less depressing because everyone isn't dying. It's not like the most amazing place but it is so so so much better than what your brother is experiencing now.

If you provide proof of abuse they will likely take him from their care immediately and place him temporarily in one of those places and assess the situation. If your mom gets him back it will be under court supervision and it will be difficult for her to do the same sort of thing and there will be frequent visits. You can always request a different case worker if you feel she has sweet talked one. It may be kind of an ongoing ordeal to get this all sorted but it's something you need to do and it will be very good for your brother.
>>
I just want to ensure better care for him before I move someday in the future. I know the situation for my brother won't change if I'm gone. Am I not allowed to escape my shitty life too? I've saved up a lot of money so far, but I got fired last month... So yes money is an issue for now.

Also to provide more backstory, my mom is a domestic abuse victim too, from my dad (her husband). He is too much of a pussy to be physically abusive, but he is EXTREMELY CONTROLLING IN ALL WAYS! Emotionally and psychologically abusive. And she is never allowed to leave due to my brother, so I think she takes it out on him.

Thing is, everyone in my family is on prescription meds of some sort. Do these facilities provide medication for the patients? My brother can't live without his various meds, he's been on them his whole life, just about every day.
>>
>>16444592

Yes, they will provide him his medication every day and even therapy for him to help learn how to cope with everyday life better if they think it will help. They will provide meals, activities, socialization and many things he isn't getting now. They will help keep him clean if he needs that and do whatever he needs. He will almost certainly get therapy to deal with his PTSD. He will have a schedule and be with professionals and will do a lot better than he does now. I'm not saying it's an amazing place but like I said the legitimately disabled are provided for as a matter of civil duty. He probably won't have luxuries but he will be cared for and much better than your mother does.

Start gathering evidence and talk to the police tomorrow so you can get started on this before you move out which you should be able to do because your parents are monsters.
>>
Imagine having no friends whatsoever. Imagine a world where absolutely no one on the face of the earth wants you. Imagine never being kissed or hugged, just beaten and hit. Imagine needing to piss during the middle of the night, but upon trying to get up to pee, you are yelled at, causing you to wet the bed. Imagine being beat for pissing the bed though it wasn't really your fault. Yes this happens just about every day. They give him a lot of soda because my brother demands it. I want them to stop because soda makes him have temper tantrums and makes him piss more, especially wetting the bed.

Imagine having to wear diapers at night because you piss the bed so much. Imagine never having a first love, and no prospect to. Imagine being forced to do the same shit every day, and have absolutely no say whatsoever. Imagine trying to escape but getting caught and beat.

Imagine having no one to go to for help. No one at all. Because no one wants you.

Yeaahhhhhh
>>
>>16444592
`>my mom is physically abusive to my brother
>but its not his fault
>because my dad YELLS at HER
>>
>>16444608

So it seems like you need to do something and do it asap.
>>
Thanks anons for talking to me. It's 5:30 am. Haven't been able to sleep for several hours. Feel like crying. Shit is really fucked up over here

I laid in bed imagining touching my boyfriend's hair and I realized, him and my brother probably have similar textured hair. Yes I am female, I am my brother's older sister (for clarification), and my boyfriend & me are long distance. We haven't touched yet but I'm saving up so I can see him someday. Shhhh don't tell me I can't.

Anyway wanna know why the hair texture thing made my eyes wide with fear and regret? Because I grabbed my brother's hair and led him out of my room today. And I realized I'm no fucking different than my mom. So full of fucking regret.

I had to keep him in my room temporarily while my mom was trying to poop. Because nobody else could watch him. Not even our father in the next room. Only my brother is fucking loud and obnoxious. And I like it to remain extra quiet in my room. I don't tolerat noise so my anger got the best of me. I have extremely sensitive ears

Thanks anons for talking to me. You helped. I'm gonna gather proof and evidence though I hate that it means putting my brother into more danger

Gonna try to sleep again
>>
>>16444425
Your mother is abusing him and the first step is to get him away from her. Call the cops or Child Protection Services NOW.

He will be taken into care - probably a hospital or residential home at first, so he can be evaluated. He will NOT be beaten. If he is at all functional, they will try to bring him to his full potential, the goal being some kind of supervised halfway house. If he can't function, he will be kept in an institution, which will not be heaven, but far better than what he's got now.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.