[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars fans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1351680333_star1.jpg (34 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1351680333_star1.jpg
34 KB, 380x380
Soooo basically everyone at work has been bothering me since I've never watched the Star Wars films. I've heard of them and all, but I never really had the interest to watch them. BUT I do want to give them a chance so is there a certain order I should watch the films? Someone told me I should begin by watching 4,5,6 and then 1,2,3. Then others tell me to watch it in order. Im confused. You're help will be appreciated!!
>>
>>16444168
The 1 2 3 are newer than 4 5 6 I'd say it's up to you, if you want to go in order it would make more sense where you can understand every detail of 4 5 6 if you were to watch them backwards you would see the movies in the order of original star wars fan did
>>
>>16444168
in order of release
>>
People who are fans will tell you to watch 4, 5, and 6. because those are the good films, and then watch 1, 2, 3--because if you start with 1, you might never watch 2.

People who tell you to watch 1, 2, and 3 first... it kind of makes sense in terms of chronology... but it also tends to be young kids who have their Nostalgia glasses on and don't realize that if you weren't a kid, those weren't particularly engaging on their own merit (especially Episode 1...).
>>
>>16444190
I 100% concur.
>>
Ideally, 4 5 6. If you must watch the prequel films as well, then I hear 4 5 2 3 6 is a surprisingly good order. Note the lack of 1. That never happened.
>>
>>16444212
1,2,3 don't really work as their own movies, if you watch them first, you won't get what's going on.
If you want to watch the prequels at all (you can skip them and miss nothing), watch them after the original three =(4,5,6)
>>
>>16444168
Without giving anything away, 1,2,3 are all about the back story of an important second-tier character in 4,5,6 and without knowing what that character's significance is going to be, you may have very little interest in following him in the backstory.
>>
>>16444727
.... 1 2 3 are all backstory of the main villan of 4 5 6 ... the rise of vader ... how the empire and emporer came to power ...who the emporer is ... why the jedis are prty much exctint... why yoda isin isolation .. and some more shit ... ipersonaly grew up with 4 5 6 and therfore found 1 2 3 shit but i was raised with 4 5 6 ... mybwife never watxhed them and we watched 1 2 3 4 5 6 and she liked it fine its just a matter of opinion really. The story order goes 1 2 3 4 5 6. If you want to watch it in order watch like that the release order is 4 5 6 1 2 3 both methods work.
>>
>>16444168
Watch 4 5 3 6 in this order. 1 and 2 are awful and a waste of time, as you obviously aren't that interested in star wars. I love Star Wars and even I tend to avoid 1 and 2.
>>
>>16444751
The point was NOT to give away too much.
>>
>>16444659

But 1 is objectively better than 2 and 3 in every single way.
>>
>>16444168

Watch 4, 5, and 6 because they are the important ones

Then if you can be arsed, watch 1, 2, and 3 too.
>>
File: 1434204956701.png (141 KB, 950x750) Image search: [Google]
1434204956701.png
141 KB, 950x750
>>16444861
>>
>>16444168
IV: A new Hope
V: Empire Strikes Back
VI: Return of the Jedi
I: The Phantom menace
II: Attack of the clone
III: Revenge of the Sith

This is the order they were released and pretty much the recommended you should watch it.
>>
Watched them at random order, then both ways later on, makes no difference OP would you rather watch the end and then find out why everyone was like that and what they did before the end. Or would you rather watch it from the start and watch as it gradually gets to the end so you understand the reasoning a lot better behind it all?

My girlfriend tried to watch the originals first, she did not enjoy them so gave up, i made her watch it all but with the new movies first, she enjoyed it a lot more and was more hyped about the originals after that.
>>
I loved how OP proved how stupid and divided the star wars community is lol fucking awesome
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.