[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I go to make friends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1446857805899.jpg (62 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
1446857805899.jpg
62 KB, 640x616
Where do I go to make friends?
>>
>>16443581
If /adv/ had the answer to that, there wouldn't many threads here.

/adv/ can't even you tell where to get nerdy/geeky friends.
>>
Work? School? Neighbours? Sports?
>>
You are on the wrong website man. Read the front page of this section and tell me if you think this well adjusted people. The average anon is like you.
>>
>>16443597
The problem is there's a bit of an age gap between me and my coworkers...

I'm trying to get good at swimming and playing an instrument, so maybe I can get in touch with some people once I'm more skilled.
>>
>>16443631
I know that feel... But, go for it anyways? Friends don't need to be the same age. And picking up hobbies is a good idea too.
>>
>>16443638
>But, go for it anyways?
I really don't think it's an option...

Oh well, I guess I was looking for an easy answer, and clearly there isn't one. Thanks anyways.
>>
>>16443581
Where there are other people you can talk to.
>>16443631
Age gap shouldn't matter if you have common interests.
>>
>>16443672
The difficulty is that not only are most of them a bit older, but they're also the opposite gender. It's not that I'm a total beta and can't talk to girls, it's that many of them are married.
>>
Find a hobby or interest that has a group involved to it. Alternatively, take an interesting sounding class or activity at your local community college or something.

Or just get into your local music scene in whatever genre you like. If you don't have very good social skills this can be harder because you have to learn to strike up conversations with random people, but it's pretty easy when you get used to it.

Anyways, good luck anon!
>>
>>16443581
Where i met my friends:

>Highschool
>College
>At a startup
>On a dating site

I don't really have a social life, but yeah, i have some friends.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.