[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Respect elders no matter what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93 KB, 1920x1012) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93 KB, 1920x1012
yes i am autistic.

I was watching world strictest parents yesterday, the strict parents theme were, respect your parents no matter, they live in ghana. In ghana they seem like an very strict and very religious(christians) country. The goals for all the kids are to be a lawyer, doctor, etc etc all those high education jobs. They're theme is to respect your parents whether they are right or wrong. I assume the country is pretty consistent in the way they raise their kids i guess, the kids get the same medicine the parents give them at home, at school too. What are you guys opinion about this?

Would it be better to teach children how to efficiently reach a goal than force one on them like a lawyer.

My family memebers(christians) are having a convo about "respect your elders no matter what", i don't think that rule should be applied in america, a free country. Seems america is going about raising kids wrong in a free country. The family construct is fucked everyday, tons of single mothers and high divorce rates. Likely in ghana if you impregnant her you marry her and in that country its no such thing as divorce. What do you guys think.
>>
You sound like you are about fourteen years old
>>
>>16441900

Well in mind i am four years old but that's good too know.
>>
>hey I saw a some stupid fucking tv show and assume that it's not only realistic, but representative. based upon this cascade of bad assumptions <garbled nonsense>. what do you guys think?
I'm sorry that your family is so bad to you and that they're damaging you in ways that are irreversible.
>>
>>16441894
>>16441928
I grew up in a family like that. Yea dad just became abusive, and now years later I don't even bother to make contact.
Yep the damage is irreversible, really screws with your ability to socialize and make judgements.
>>
>>16441928

You're right i could of it least researched more or something. But my point was about the "Respecting your parents no matter what" saying. Like i said i am autistic. I don't know the simplest things :(.
>>
>>16441965

Thanks a ton, made me think. My parents did make sure i was fed, clothed and sheltered but that was sorta it, i spend most of my time in front of a video game. My parents weren't really that abusive or anything, they just didn't make the time, both worked. I was a shy kid but i'm doing better, my looks have gotten me that far though and drama club. I fill i'm some where close from changing for the better but its all of a matter of taking a risk.
>>
you sure do have autism.
>>
This is America. Do as you please.

Respect for people, including elders, is a good thing. However, having respect for someone doesn't mean letting yourself be treated like a doormat.
>>
>Respect your elders
Absolutely
>No matter what
Absolutely not

Think about all that your parents and other family have done for you in raising you. They should be deserving of some level of respect after all that they've done for you.

Where respect should fall short is in situations where you feel abused, or even unfairly treated. In the end you should treat respect all other individuals but don't be afraid to stand up for yourself if you feel you're being mistreated. However before doing so try to understand why your parents/family are acting in a way you don't like. Often even if you don't agree, they will be doing it out of a place of love.
>>
File: 1445989854545.png (111 KB, 280x324) Image search: [Google]
1445989854545.png
111 KB, 280x324
>>16441894
>maxresdefault.jpg
>yes i am autistic
>ghana
>"I was watching world strictest parents yesterday"
>"Likely in ghana if you impregnant her you marry her and in that country its no such thing as divorce. What do you guys think."
unholy keks
>>
>>16442483

yeah deserve that.....lmao
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.