[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to not care about things people say about you answer seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1414144209288.jpg (27 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1414144209288.jpg
27 KB, 360x360
>>
>>16441571
Just stay strong man. Dont care about it. If you dont react to it, they will stop. Keep strong bro.
>>
Knowing you're better then them and their opinion about you is completely irrelevant, since at least you don't talk behind their back like that.
>>
Better to have people talk behind your back that not having people talking about you at all
>>
The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing at all.

Say nothing, do nothing & be nothing.
>>
Here's the problem, OP: you don't actually WANT to stop caring what they say. Not completely. Take it from someone who went there.; I understand the appeal, but it's a huge mistake.

You don't want to care too much either, of course, and this may be where the problem lies. What do people say about you? Perhaps we can help.
>>
Looks down on them, look at them as inferior weak beings who have a lot of weaknesses, think of them as degenerates for what they say unless they have a point and intend to help you.
>>
>>16441589
>>16441589
>>16441589
Got called sad for being on my computer so much
Which is 100% true
Only I can't make friends because I feel so isolated from people and unable to connect with them
so its true and I can't do anything about it but feel like shit about myself.

oufsodoifusodi random gibberish to get past fucking connection error
>>
File: 1446370284655.jpg (357 KB, 2928x2928) Image search: [Google]
1446370284655.jpg
357 KB, 2928x2928
From experience

This coming from a guy who's been talked shit to by "friends", even teachers during grade and high school.

>tfw becoming more good looking by the day
>started lifting months ago
>retards who used to shittalks me are either manlets or ugly af now
>grils back from high schools start mirin'
Time changes OP. Start hittin' the gym
>>
>>16441606
Op it is okay to have an introverted personality. You need to accept yourself. That is the only way to not allow others to hold this effect over you. The truth hurts sometimes but even if you are sad ask yourself what intention did the observer/observers have in telling you this? Was it meant to help you or hurt you. How can you know the difference well, if someone really knows you well and is making an effort to be around you then they are trying to help. If it was someone who makes to no effort to be around you is just picking on you then blow it off because at the end of the day their remarks are irrelevant to your life.

>Find and do whatever it is that makes you happy. Because when you are happy it will not matter what others think about you.
>>
>>16441593
Also, buy a fedora. That path works, but nowadays it has a uniform.

The problem with this approach is that in order to shut down your ability to care what others say about you, you also have to shut down your capacity for introspection. If you don't, it will just keep waking your interest in others back up.

But when you get as far down as OP clearly is, it becomes impossible to know whether or not they have a point. Looking back on those times, it is clear to me now that for me, there was a kernel of truth in some of the things they said. Not everything, of course -not even most of it- but enough that I really did need to do some serious work on myself. Once I shut down the part of myself that cared about any of that, it took outright trauma to wake it back up. You really want to avoid that.
>>
>>16441622
"Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."
>>
>>16441679
Ah..Yes take the Tyrion approach on your pursuit of happiness Op! Well played and point made to you good fellow who posted this quote.
>>
Other people are always going to talk shit because every minor fault is noticed by them. If the intent of the shit being said is facetious, then it can be disregarded as people criticizing an aspect of you that you either can't help/don't want to change.
If the intent of the shit is anything but facetious then you might as well laugh it off 'cause the suit-talkers certainly are.
If you're going to let it get to you then the only other option besides ignorance is resolving the issues/ accepting the points of ridicule. Take 'em into account and you'll either gain the drive to fix them, or leave them be and the ridicule will get stale and stop.
>>
understand that everyone has their own particular way of seeing things conditioned by the specific activities and influences in their lives and that therefore when they insult you it's not as if you are insulting you but it's coming from their perspective which may have no relation to yours whatsoever.

geez, if i changed my thoughts, habits, actions, looks, whatever every time some other human had a differing opinion i'd be a different person everyday. find your own way and be confident in it.

what works for some doesn't work for others. person A wants a certain kind of life, so anything other than that he must necessarily denigrate in order to feel like his way is right. he will certainly never say or admit that person B is living a better life.

for example, two friends in similar circumstances. person A ends up impregnating a girl and gets sucked into fatherhood unwillingly. to make his situation better he must now modify his thoughts and think that this is the right thing for him, so he has to think that his friend B is immature, selfish etc for not buckling down and becoming a dad. friend B thinks that he would never want to become a dad, so he puts that way of life down and exalts his own way.

relativity, man, dig it
>>
>>16441571
Grow the fuck up.
-highschool senior
Christ, the guys on 4chan are so fucking coddled.
>>
>>16441571
Understand hat in life no matter how cool and attractive you are, some one is always gonna dislike you. Just ignore. Nothing anyone says actually has any gravity unless you let it.
>>
My suggestion is to find something that you really enjoy doing, that you can submerse yourself in, and it's a plus if it's a group activity because then you can find people who enjoy the same thing as you and most likely you'll find that they're really cool and not judgemental.
I used to be reaaaaally afraid of what people would say about me, I isolated myself off from people for like 2 years. But, I've recently gotten over this because I joined the marching band (lmao) and realized how fullfilling it was for me. I have been happier (with a laaaarge friend group) and more confident than ever. So, I recommend you find something the does the same for you.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.