[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask someone who is skilled at making decisions anything. Name
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2
File: 9c43km1cDp7bpkzr40rO9oLvo1_400.jpg (52 KB, 397x400) Image search: [Google]
9c43km1cDp7bpkzr40rO9oLvo1_400.jpg
52 KB, 397x400
Ask someone who is skilled at making decisions anything. Name me your dilemma, I will help you choose the best course of action.
>>
>>16440147
I come on this board just to chat with sociopaths but lately there aren't any sociopaths to chat with, how do I deal with this?
>>
Girl is dating someone. Girl openly tells me she's physically attracted to me and is trying to suppress her feelings for me but it's difficult. Her current bf is an LDR and he's kind of an asshole. People assume we're dating and we really like each other. How do I convince her to leave her current bf?

No, she's not the attention whore type. Mostly acts like one of the bros which is what's surprising. We're both a little crazy for each other which is why this is so difficult.
>>
>>16440153
Maybe I can help you out

Not OP, but pretty sure I'm a sociopath
>>
>>16440168
Oh really? I really enjoy asking you guys questions, you're really fascinating to me. Is there anything I could help you with something in return? Because I know most of you guys do the whole mutual helping thing or whatever.
>>
>>16440153
specifically /adv/? the sociopathic boards are somewhere else. sociopaths think they have all the answers, the last place they'll go is an advice board. try /fit/, /b/, /o/, /biz/ among others

>>16440155
if you haven't fucked its not serious. go out, do something fun, take her home, and fuck her stupid. if you choose this option do not date her, someone who fucks over their boyfriend to be with you is just going to do the same to you. choose this option is you just want to stick it in her arse.

if you actually like her and really care for her, then go on a few dates, let nothing happen, make the tension build, maybe kiss, but after that tell her you can't be with her unless she leaves her BF. if she does that, you're good, though this is the far riskier option and you cannot really recover from it because you took a stance.

TL:DR; short term low risk = fuck her, long term high risk = get her to be your girl. depends which one you want more. good luck.
>>
>>16440186
>fit/, /b/, /o/, /biz/ among others
I don't like those boards though
>>
>>16440196
sociopaths are dramatic and sometimes histrionic. find boards that would cater to those.
>>
>>16440181
Pretty sure you can't help me, other than by helping me pass the time.
Didn't mean to sound like a dick, but there it is.

>>16440186
You forgot /k/
Trust me, it's full of them
>>
>>16440186
All of that's happened. It's escalated to the point where option B is the only option. I guess that's what I'll have to do. We go on "dates" every night during the week and eat at least 1 meal with each other a day. Several times all 3.
>>
File: TFNoooooo.png (230 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
TFNoooooo.png
230 KB, 555x555
Alright should I keep my free school money (1150 USD) or should I lose the free school 1150 and open a business where I can make an easy 2800 USD a month ?

The risk is that if the business doesn't boom, I can't cover rent, I already have the right contacts and the start capital I just need to take the jump.

Also I have a job on the side, so I wouldn't be totally fucked if it all went wrong.

What do you guys think ?
>>
>>16440208
Oh okay then. Well why haven't you gotten checked out if you think you might have it? Personally I believe I have BPD but I don't want to get it checked out just in case I actually do because It can take away a lot of opportunities for me.
>>
How do I stop being insecure? How do I put myself first and say 'fuck all' to everyone else?
>>
>>16440147
I was jumped, beaten, and gang raped last year on my college campus. It's a top university and I worked extremely hard to get there. I loved the university but had severe mental and physical problems following the assault and am on medical leave. In the mean time, I am finishing the courses I had been taking at a local college from the safety of my home so that I can focus on my classes.

Should I:
1) finish my degree at local college
2) go back to top university next year.

The issue here isn't the rigor of the classes- it's the depression, anxiety, PTSD, and insecurity.
If I go back to my top university, I will have to deal with these things on my own while trying to excel at difficult classes.
If I stay home, I can feel safe, but I won't be taking steps to "get over" what happened and re-establish my independance. Also, the classes at the local college are so much easier than the classes at my university, they don't feel challenging.
I want to be the best that I can be, but I have never had mental health problems before and these emotions are unpredictable and hard for me to manage.
I don't want rely on my parents and then look back on my life with regret at missed oppertunities
>>
>>16440219
It's just a label. I don't need any help. I generally do not believe that psychiatrists want to cure depression, there is only money in managing it.

Wifey was diagnosed with BPD, but I think she really is borderline personality disorder. A docter only sees her a couple times a quarter, I live with her everyday, but I didn't go to school and become a physician either
>>
>>16440228
Get a concealed carry permit, learn how to use a gun properly, with confidence.

Then go to university. Your education is the most important thing, it is an investment in YOUR future, don't go second rate
>>
>>16440208
truth. /k/ and /x/ and probably a bunch of others.

>>16440212
good. let it get physical without getting intimate. let her know you want her but only if she wants to be with you. you'll have to put yourself out there, but better than being in this limbo.

>>16440215
you're contradicting yourself, how can it be easy money if there's a chance it won't boom? in your given field, how much does an education in that field matter? (like in architecture, an architecture degree 100% matters)

>>16440219
I have BPD, it's protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Go get checked out.
http://psychcentral.com/lib/bipolar-disorder-and-the-americans-with-disabilities-act/

>>16440225
Get a gym membership, or get really good at something that makes you happy. Preferably both.

>>16440228
You should do both, go back to class AND take steps to confront this fear / PTSD / anxiety. Get a good therapist, or have the school provide you one. Try Cognitive Behavior Exposure Therapy, I have PTSD from being beaten as a child and that helped me a lot. You don't want to cocoon yourself at home, you want to go out and do the thing, and if that means you have to take 6 or 9 credits a semester for a while to deal, then so be it. Then once you feel like you have a hold back on life, up the credits and try to regain your self direction. You can do it.

>>16440234
You don't know much about psychiatry
>>
>>16440243
I admitted as much. But it as close to quackery as modern medicine comes imo
>>
>>16440243
Thanks for the advice senpai. I'll see what I can do with her to accomplish this.
>>
>>16440147
Stuck in relationship with no affection unless everything goes well for 4 years and all I can think of is a girl I dated in high school for like a month, she lives one state away from me and is probably married, All my paycheck goes to my gf to help her with her family burdens [dad's in jail, mom has cancer] with no appreciation so what should I do?
>>
>>16440252
Make yourself happy
>>
>>16440241
I'm not allowed to have a gun on campus, even with a permit.
I had pepper spray with me when It happened but it was so sudden and there was so many people with weapons that I just didn't react.
I agree that education is important, but I couldn't eat or sleep, much less learn after it happened.
Thank you
>>16440243
Another concern is no et. Paying tens of thousands to take classes that I could take for cheaper elsewhere is a point to consider. I am not confident in my ability to success with these new obstacles. I know I'm smart enough to learn the material and do well in the classes, but no matter how good my study habits are, if I can't sleep or eat, I will ultimately fail.
Thank you
>>
>>16440264
Elaberate? I think I forgot what is the purpose of happy
>>
>>16440234
Well if you don't think you need help I guess that's okay. I'm >>16440153 btw. So I'm guessing you're male then? Do you think sociopathy is more predominant in men or better hidden by women? Do you think any of you past/childhood experiences caused you to be this way? What attracted you to your wife, why are you with her?
>>
>>16440265
It's a shame that you don't ignore the law like the criminals that raped you.
My daughter will have a gun and be prepared to use it when she goes to university. You should always use the buddy system and be scanning for threats.

I go to a community college, it's kind of a joke. If you have any brains go to a university, unless money is an issue, then only do your gen eds that will transfer, anything in your major should be done at uni
>>
>>16440269
What makes you content, you obviously are not content, hence your complaints about your gf getting all the money.

>>16440276
I changed schools about 14 times during my childhood, got slapped around by my mother's second husband, lived on 4 continents before I was 21.
>>
>>16440249
not really. psychiatry and neurology use to be the same thing before they specialized and quit. read about how a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor works and how it actually helps your mood and you'll see there's a shit ton of physiology involved.

>>16440252
you two should meet and fuck and never tell anyone about it. and unless you can see her being the mother of your children then you should just probably leave. you sound burdened, and not in a good way.

>>16440265
you could try staying at home where you feel safe and doing a community college, low cost. then transfer out when you feel ready. please get a therapist, try CBT if you can. Stay safe.
>>
>>16440228
what school is it
>>
>>16440276
She was one of my friends sister, she is attractive, funny and has a heart.
Apart from that, she often drives me crazy, but oh well, after almost 20years I do not want the upheaval in my life, or want to disrupt my children's education by leaving
>>
>>16440310
I actually know and understand the chemistry and biology of it all.
Just don't like the way Dr's don't tell people to grow up and be responsible for their own actions in 1st world countries.
>>
>>16440147
>>16440147
I'm studying chemistry in university. I want to one day be a colonist on mars.
>>
>>16440276
I don't know if women are more predominantly sociopaths or not, I'm guessing it men, but women probably hide it better for sure, but men are habitually more dangerous
>>
how do i tell my female friend that i want her to stop hugging and touching me, give me some space, without her thinking I'm mad at her or something. she's bi-polar and i really don't want to upset her but the physical contact is driving my boner crazy and i don't have the heart to tell her.
>>
>>16440327
then you should learn a thing or two about mental illness. you wouldn't tell a schizophrenic to snap out of it, or a shell shocked (PTSD) veteran to just get over it. you're better at a lot of stuff than some people with mental illness are, that doesn't mean they're not sick. it's like if you're not good with women and bros are like "oh just talk to them its not hard!" let's say for the sake of argument you are that guy who's bad with women. well in terms of being depressed, you're the bro who just knows how to do it, and the depressed person is you saying "its not that easy, if only you were in my shoes".

that having been said there are a lot of people who fake / milk mental illnesses, and there are PLENTY of people who need to get over themselves. but some people really struggle.

>>16440333
nice trips, but what's your question?
>>
>>16440351
Send her a text saying so, leave it at that
>>
>>16440351
the next time she does it, make eye contact for 3-4 seconds, then kiss her.

scenario A: she recoils, and keeps her paws off of you in the future
scenario B: she sits on your dick a little bit

sounds like you'd win either way
>>
>>16440352
how do I get it done? I'm the perfect age but nasa isn't hiring undergrads, and they're gonna be sending people out there by the time i finish my PhD
>>
>>16440290
Well that probably contributed to it. Do you love or care for people very much or just pretend to for mutual benefits? You love your children then? Why do you think men are more dangerous?
>>
>>16440352
I agree there are a certain amount of the population that have true mental illness due to bad luck, bad genes, accidents, of mental trauma. But I'm quite sure most people that have depression just have too much time on their hands and spend too much time in their own head so to speak.

Some symptoms could be alleviated by having a decent sleep schedule, avoiding drugs & alcohol, exercising and having gainful employment a getting some social contact in.
Pills aren't the cure, they may help, but many just need to grow up.
>>
Friends ex started talking to me 2 weeks ago and invited me over the other night. Was sure she wanted sex by had said "don't think I'm luring you over here for that". Spend the night but don't make a move because I'm a speglord. She didn't make a move either though. Next day told her there was a lack of cuds last night, she said she agreed and thought that was weird. She said she would have crawled into bed with me but didn't want to creep. Then said "we can next time? " She texted me first yesterday after and talked a little bit. Told her we should hang Sunday after she gets off work, didn't reply. Started snapchatting me then the next day I said again we should chill and she said she hasn't got sleep so is gonna sleep on her day off. Understandable, but I don't know if I should back off and let her come back onto me.
>>
>>16440376
Do you love or care for people very much or just pretend to for mutual benefits?
I love? people in my own way, but they have to be within my circle of influence, anyone else idgaf about. When I hear all the terrible shit on the news abouts rapes and murders I just shrug, doesn't affect me or my family.

You love your children then?
I take care of them, I worry about their future, but I never planned on having children, that was on wifey when she flushed her bc down the toilet for a month, after child #2 without my consent. I got a vasectomy.

Why do you think men are more dangerous?
Based on previous history of their more violent tendencies. Probably related to testosterone.
>>
>>16440364
Screw you, I'm studying chemistry and want to colonise mars, those are my ambitions!
>>
>>16440404
If I see you in an interview waiting room I will fucking kill you.

but if neither of us make it, want to pay some nerds to build us a space ship and invade the fuck out of NASA's colony?
>>
>>16440364
read this book. it's by a canadian astronaut who never thought he'd be an astronaut and then he became captain of the ISS. sorry that's all I can i give you.
http://www.amazon.com/Astronauts-Guide-Life-Earth-Determination/dp/0316253030

>>16440387
I think we've got the cart before the horse. Having too much time and being in your head isn't what they have INSTEAD of depression. Having too much time and spending too much time in your head CAUSES depression. And it's treated just like you said. Avoid drugs, sleep better. You're pretty much spot on. Except for that first bit.
>>
To OP: Public suicide or private suicide?
>>
>>16440417
Well you're completely worthless and have no hope, but yeah I'm down senpai, we're getting there one way or another. Hell maybe we're not competition but future crew mates.
>>
>>16440401
Oh so do you think sociopaths would be okay with dating an asexual? Because typically they are hyper sexual and use it for manipulation sometimes. Do you think you are over controlling of your wife or appear to be by others? I'm pretty sure my dad's at least borderline sociopathicand he controlled my mother for years and ended up beating her once on drug abuse. Do you think most sociopaths are this way or do you think they can be fair with relationships?
>>
I married my wife largely because I had low self-confidence and have premature ejaculation. Didn't feel like I could satisfy anyone and I'd end up alone, so I settled. I regret this deeply. I also recently met a girl who I really like, but can't pursue because I'm married. Most of all this just made me realize how unhappy I am with being married to my wife.

What do I do problem solver?
>>
>>16440432
public. preferably like this.
http://www.nytimes.com/1996/12/15/us/novelist-s-public-death-creates-chicago-mystery.html

>>16440478
you dun goof'd. that's really not a criteria you should be making a choice for a mate for life on. the right person would just work around it / be cool about it. if there's no kids I would say you could separate and then try, but it sounds like you need to work on your relationship with your wife more than anything. obviously dont tell her what you told me, but maybe get couples counseling and figure out the stuff that really gets at you.
>>
>>16440494
how to hang oneself so that I don't botch it. The tower isn't an issue since I live in a very urban area.
>>
>>16440494
Yes, I absolutely dun goofed. I honestly didn't realize how hard I goofed until I met this other girl and realized exactly what you said; that the right person is someone you just like to be around. It was a really stupid way to let myself go with the flow instead of the harder decision to break it off. It kills me more that my rational mind told me not to do it, and I did it anyway.

No kids, so I'm expecting it to end at some point. Honestly, repairing it isn't something I'm interested in. We're just not a good pair. She's terrible at conversation, which is something I absolutely need. Her just playing video games and me being unable to have a conversational partner just isn't going to work. On top of that, she's fat, lazy, and unreliable. It's all all-around loss, and I wouldn't have ignored all that if I had any confidence that a girl I really liked wouldn't be turned off by someone who can't hold in sperm for even a minute.
>>
>>16440497
your neck snapping is what kills you, not the asphyxiation. so make sure you drop > 3 feet and the rope is tight, and nothing for your feet to stand on. I don't condone this, but you didn't ask me whether, you asked me how. IF you asked me whether though, I'd say no. I've been there, I've been down that road, and I'm glad I woke up and am alive today. It would have been a waste to end it then. But you do you.

>>16440523
if there's no kids and you're not interested in repairing it, and even if you did it's an uphill battle, then yes I think you should go with your heart on this one. just be ready for the possibility that it doesnt in fact turn out great with this new person, and then you'll be alone. that's the real toughie. but if the new girl wants you too, and it makes you happy, then I'd abide by the american maxim "if it feels good, do it"
>>
>>16440471
Oh so do you think sociopaths would be okay with dating an asexual?
I don't see the point of an asexual dating, unless they were looking for another asexual to share bills with

Because typically they are hyper sexual and use it for manipulation sometimes.
I could agree with that, my wife has nowhere near the capacity for sex that I have.

Do you think you are over controlling of your wife or appear to be by others?
Probably, but she makes her own choices and I usually have to clean up after her mistakes. She cannot seem to anticipate the future, it sometimes feels like I m responsible for 3 children

I'm pretty sure my dad's at least borderline sociopathicand he controlled my mother for years and ended up beating her once on drug abuse.
I don't hit women, unless it is self defense

Do you think most sociopaths are this way or do you think they can be fair with relationships?
I think I could be fair, but my wife doesn't like to work, she is a mediocre mother and lies a great deal. But until my children have turned 18, she will remain my wife unless she leaves me. When my children are grown, I won't see any real reason to stay together, unless our relationship improves.
>>
>>16440533
I'm honestly prepared for it to not even get off the ground with the other girl, and for me to be alone for the foreseeable future. My previous reasoning was that I should ensure survival of my genes, but honestly it really makes no difference whether that happens. I'll just donate sperm or something and pretend that matters. The part where I find a way to broach this topic with someone who likes me and can't read me at all is the hard part. I don't even know what to do beyond the part where I keep telling her I want her to help clean and then the trash isn't taken out when I get back from work.. I can't just say "you still won't even take out the goddamn trash, I want a divorce."

Thanks for talking with me about it. For obvious reasons I can't confide in anyone in real life, so being able to actually say it to another person feels fantastic.
>>
>>16440539
>lies a great deal
Well that sounds awful, how do you deal with that?
>I don't see the point of an asexual dating, unless they were looking for another asexual to share bills with
Holy kek that made me laugh more than it should have. Yeah I figured that. I'm actually asexual myself but don't see the point in dating normal people, I'm much more comfortable serous borderline or calmer sociopaths
>>
>>16440564
I just accept that is who she is, she basically cannot control it. It is very aggravating at times, depending on the seriousness of the lies. Sometimes it is the fact she lies more than what she lies about that bothers me. If I call her on her bs, she just denies it, but I usually just roll my eyes and not dwell on it, cause it gets under my skin (I don't think a husband or wife should be comfortable telling lies to each other) especially about serious shit.
But oh well, I've made my bed, and will lay in it for the next 6 years at least.

Maybe when I'm 46, I could find someone that still enjoys sex at least a few times a week...
>>
>>16440153
I'm a sociopath but I only found out recently let's talk
>>
>>16440586
So your off to bed then? Ok then thanks for answering my questions.
>>
>>16440590
Okay. So um, do you feel love? I'm what way? It varies from different people. How did you find out? How bad is it? Where on the spectrum are you?
>>
>>16440647
No problem, I am in bed now, but don't know when I will go to sleep. Probably gonna bang one out first, that usually makes me tired, lel
>>
>>16440683
Hew hew hew okay big guy btw how old r you if you're still here
>>
>>16440700
>>
I've been in a relationship with a girl for 2+ years but for the past year I've been attracted to girls less and less and now almost exclusively attracted to men. Should I break it off already or is this just a passing phase? I like the girl as a person and enjoy the platonic parts of the relation but I have literally 0 sexual attraction and I have to fake interest every time she wants to have sex
>>
>>16440752
Sounds like it's time to move on fag
>>
>>16440748
Oh wow your my dad's age old man
>>
>>16440147
Should I break up with my girlfriend who hasn't done anything wrong and is near perfect for me simply because it's been 2 years and I'm kind of bored and want to experience new people and things? Or should I stick it out since it might just be a phase? I feel like a horrible person but I can't help the feeling
>>
>>16440887
Not OP, but from watching others I can say it's probably best to stay with your current gf. Especially if she's stayed with someone who would dump her for that reason this long, she probably really loves you.
>>
>>16440147
I've recently broken up with my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years. She was my first and I truly loved her to my core, but we had been separate near the whole summer and were having problems with communication and I felt that we could not come back from it. (In some respects, I think she as well wanted to break up but didn't want to be the one to do it).

Now, I'm sitting here at near a month trying to move on. I've been on dates and fucked a girl this past weekend. But these thoughts of her are still painful and lingering. Any advice on what to do?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.