[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I survive living near a ghetto and how do I interact with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
How do I survive living near a ghetto and how do I interact with ghetto people without getting shot/stabbed?
>>
>>16439721

i lived in macarthur park and i literally never had a problem there. everyone mostly minds their own business.

i now live in hollywood which is mostly niceb ut anytime someone ghetto comes around, they pick a fight with me. for some reason they think i 'looked' at them and that is apparently the worst offense. even if they ask if you got a cigarette first, they will threaten you after.

ironically the worst situation was a ghetto white guy trying to start a fight, and a big black man came over and saved me. very fun.

anywho, my advice, dont look at anyone. dont look in their general direction. if they dont approach you first, dont approach them.
>>
>>16439733

more stories from my life in the ghetto

>be me
>skinny white boy, five foot six, literally one hundred and ten pounds
>carrying a billion bags of grocceries trying to get home
>only me and really big scary black guy on the bus
>hes way in the back.
>i give one passing glance
>uh oh
>he gets up
>Walks all the way the fuck over to me
>sits down
>"you look like a smart kid" in the most thug voice i have ever heard
>"I-I guess...."
>"any idea how i can download music now that limewires down

i spend the next ten minutse trying to explain bittorrent.
>>
>>16439741

another one

>be me
>walking down with some grocceries
>just tryna get home
>see a big ole gang of 'urban youths'
>they all look at me with this really intense stare as i walk by
>suddenly they all yell at the same time "ZACK!!!!!" really excited
>im confused
>look down at my shirt
>im wearing my black power ranger shirt
>zack was the black power ranger
>i get some pats on the back as i walk by

btw that black power ranger shirt seems to get me a lot of leeway. most black people respond well to it if they are remotely young enough, and even hot black chicks will walk over and talk to me if i wear it. was pretty neat.

funny thing is, i have no quarrels with the black power ranger, but my favorite black ranger was actually the asian one named adam. but i digress.
>>
>>16439733
Hollywood (if you mean Hollywood Blvd/Highland area) is much worse than Westlake. Every fucking crazy in LA goes there to act violent.

I live in Ktown and usually is pretty chill (even late at night), but I fret having to go to Hollywood at night (specially weekends).
>>
>>16439754

i live closer to sunset and vine, but yeah, ive never actually had any issue at highland, too crowded. on sunset its not a lot of people so im picked out of the few.

ktown aint so bad from my experiences though.
>>
>>16439761
Sunset/Vine is actually pretty cool. That's where the Trader Joe's is, right?

The thing about Highland is that since all the weirdos in costume hang there, a lot of authentic weirdos come in.

It's a bit like 4chan -- with stars on the sidewalk.
>>
>>16439741
I spit on myself.
>>
File: Ned-flanders.gif (16 KB, 240x364) Image search: [Google]
Ned-flanders.gif
16 KB, 240x364
>>16439776

haha i used to live at sunset and highland but never really had an issue there. i rarely have to go up to that part of town unless im getting on a train or eating at hard rock though (i actually had a 4chan /b/irthday there).

but yeah i live close to that trader joes on sunset and hollywood (muh neighborino).

its not a bad area, i stay inside mostly so it doesnt really matter where i live.
>>
>>16439784

yeah looks can be deceiving. had a similar experience

>be me
>live on guam
>its a catholic island with a huge military presence
>so its pretty anti gay
>be a faggot regardless
>end up dating a qt halo playing 4chan browsing island boy
>were on the bus just enjoying my last day before moving to america land
>we keep noticing this big bulky military man looking over at us like hes going to rip our heads off
>we get a little nervous but that only makes us hold each other tighter
>makes him look even more
>were kinda worried and thinking about getting off at the next stop
>big ole military man gets up, walks over, sits in the seat in front of us
>trapped dot gay peg
>were shivering in our fashionable yet affordable boots (im kidding, it was flip flops)
>pretty sure this is how we die
>'can i take your guys picture? you remind me of me and my boyfriend if we were younger' in the faggiest fucking voice I have ever heard in my life
>pretty sure he masturbated to those pictures later

book covers are deceiving indeed.
>>
>>16439733
That is what im concerned about? What dictates looking at them in the "wrong way"?
>>
>>16439800

pretty much looking at them at all, and if someone really wants to start a fight, they will come at you regardless. so just try and mind your own business and try not to look like the weakest link.
>>
>>16439721
Become the niggerest, earn their respect and become their king.
>>
File: IMAGE (357).jpg (109 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMAGE (357).jpg
109 KB, 640x480
>>16439795
>>
>>16439733
>Macarthur Park
oh please, try living on Normandie and 47th, faggot.

Macarthur Park is where the hipsters go to save money.
>>
I went to highschool in Jamaica, New York. And I lived in Newark, New Jersey. So I know a thing or two about not dying.

For me I just kept to myself. Not hang outside too much. Go to your destination and get back. Use populated streets. If some people start trashing on you or harassing you, just keep walking. Dont walk around using your iphone or whatever. If they ever ask for the time tell em you dont have a watch. Same if they ask for change for the bus. Easy ways for them to expose your assets and steal them. Other than that, its like any other city. Dont walk around at night alone. Lock your doors. Walk with others if you can.

I got robbed at gunpoint once. Stupid thing is it was broad daylight on a Sunday. Like it wasnt like i was walking around at night. But anyway, when it happened, just do as they say. They didnt touch me. Dont try to be a hero.

If you're a poorfag, dont be scared of walking into bodegas or run down little corner stores. Just go in, how much, ok thank you, have a nice day. If you constantly see some niggers around your building, the occasional sup or head nod. I know the ghetto gets a bad rap for niggers. A lot of the time theres a bunch of mexican who just crossed the border, alcoholic divorced dads sitting on the steps, and little old ladies who no one seems to talk to kind of stuff. Be safe OP.
>>
>>16439795
from guam, don't think it's anti-gay. i've witnessed way worse homophobia on the mainland. but overall cool story.
>>
Get seen! Ghetto thugs are nervous around strangers.
>>
consult Ned's Declassified Ghetto Survival Guide
>>
>>16440164

you're actually correct, i exaggerated to make the story more exciting. my experience was much closer to every single local boy being extremely bicurious.

were you local or military? which school did you go to (assuming you weren't enlisted yourself i mean)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.