[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help me with that, /adv/... I'm a fat, very average
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Please help me with that, /adv/...

I'm a fat, very average (or possibly even below averge) looking introverted girl with pretty boring hobbies and interests. I don't have many friends and I'm not very popular, yet somehow I became rather close friends with this guy. He's a true athitesis of me. Very popular, outgoing, charismatic, has wide social circle, many friends, basically is fit & smart guy prototype.

God knows I didn't want to become friends with me, especially not close friends, but he wormed himself into my life. He pretty much always initiates contact with me first and we can talk every day, at the university and then when we are at home via social media.

Anyway, what I have a problem is that he often would simply ditch me and ignore me and pretend I don't exist. He treats me... I don't know, I have a feeling he doesn't care, I suppose. On the one hand he often talks with about very intimate things, seeks my advice and asks how I am, and on the other hand it's like he doesn't give a fuck. For example I was quite seriously sick some time ago and all my friends were concerned and asking me if I'm gonna be alright. They visited me in the hospital and all; he didn't even acknowledge my health issues. But when one girl from our study group got cold he made this whole elaborate get well soon vid for her. Same with birthday wishes, after 4 years of rather intensive friendship I get 'happy bday' text with misspelling, and some other person he's much less close with gets a whole package with dedicated song and play and bunch of photos.
>>
My friend told me that he uses me, and I'm basically his handy ego stroker and tear sponge, and I agree with her, so I tried to cut contact with him and he basically once begged me not to, and when I finally did, after a 2 months or so started subtly accosting me again and we are again in the same place.

I don't know what's his problem. He compliments me on my inteligence but then ignores me to converse with some chick about soap opera. Asks me out and confirms ten times just to flake on me in last minute.

Why he won't leave me alone? What do I do? Pleas adv, give me some wisdom
>>
>>16439695
Yeah you are.
You have to decide if this is Ok with you, I don't think he's a bad person but he clearly has no romantic interest in you, he just thinks you're funny to fuck around with you.

If it's not ok then tell him. Say you treat me bad and I don't appreciate it please stop messaging me. If he continues just ignore him. I know its tough.
>>
>I'm a fat
Losing weight isn't hard; you just need focus.

>pretty boring hobbies and interests
So do I, and despite that, women still enjoy my company and being with me.
>>
>>16439787
I don't delude myself, I know he's not into me and I don't care but he's forcing on me friendship and then basically treats me like shit, and I just don't get why you would do that, you know?
>>
>>16439832
>lose weight

not gonna fix my problems
>>
>>16439914
But will certainly make you healthier, improve your self-esteem, boost your confidence and make you look better through the eyes of the pleb.
>>
>>16439919
I suppose, still it won't help me with this problem
>>
>>16439834
Its fun fucking with people for your own amusement.
>>
>>16439691
Op you need to stand up for yourself.
It doesn't matter if you're fat, average, boring- no one deserves to be used like that.
Don't let him- or anyone else- step on you like that. Tell him the specific behaviors that bother you, and tell him that if he keeps doing them, you can't be friends.
It's as simple as that. If he respects you, you'll be his friend, if not- ignore him.
Don't let him determine your value. Who cares if your fat or average or whatever- there's a lot more to your worth than looks.
>>
>>16439787
>he just thinks you're funny to fuck around with you.
He's probably not even that mean, he probably just sees OP as a friend and that's how he treats his friends. I don't remember ever being THAT caring with any of my friends.
>>
>>16439999
Yeah if you are a mean kid or a psychopath
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.