[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ Is it possible for a 21 year old to have a damaged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1421473876161.jpg (89 KB, 600x524) Image search: [Google]
1421473876161.jpg
89 KB, 600x524
Hey /adv/

Is it possible for a 21 year old to have a damaged liver that is beyond repair, without noticing any symptoms?

People say this can be the case online, but they also so migraines are likely to be brain cancer.

Thoughts?
>>
>>16439090
Go to the doctor, dude. If those are the two things your symptoms point to, go to the fucking doctor.
>>
it depends on what's happened in your past to make you think that. is it possible for someone your age who binge drinks every day or overdoses on acetaminophen more than once? yes, entirely so. there are a lot of things that cause liver damage, so give us a little background. WHY do you think you have severe liver damage? what symptoms do you have?
>>
>>16439090
>beyond repair, without noticing any symptoms
Unlikely. Having some liver damage is entirely possible. The point is, liver regenerates pretty well, so the damage is usually reversible. If there's recurring damage, though...
And you can accumulate plenty of damage before any noticeable symptoms pop up.
>>
>>16439199

So if I did not have any serious symptoms, and it had never been picked up in blood tests in the last month, I should be fine provided I drink moderately and keep healthy?

>>16439169

I don't really. I am more paranoid about it. I was addicted to pain medication for awhile, and after prescription ran out I feel into common hole of buying plenty of OTC codeine pills. I used water method to remove codeine though, but sometimes I did not. I was not taking like 20 pills a day or anything excessive though, maybe an average of 6-8 (Sometimes without paracetamol).

I had to go back into hospital for a separate incident a few weeks back, and they said liver tests were normal, but I still worry as I did not stop for good intill a week or two after.

I can drink maybe a 6 pack sometimes? But not every day. Maybe on the odd weekend, and never within 24 hours of pills.
>>
>>16439228
Ah, liver poisoning. Do quick calculations: did you go above 1-1.5g of paracetamol a day at any point (not 1g of pills, but actual paracetamol content)? If no, you're perfectly fine. Assuming, of course, no alcohol. If you had acute damage, you'd know, trust me. Avoid any pills for a while, get another blood test (not sure how easy it is in your country). If normal, you're fine.
>>
>Is it possible for a 21 year old to have a damaged liver that is beyond repair, without noticing any symptoms?

Possible? Yes.
Likely? No.
Can /adv/ give you a biopsy over the internet? No.
>>
>>16439228
based on what you said here, you probably don't have irreversible liver damage. the codeine may be affecting your liver, so i would recommend talking to a doctor and getting some blood tests if you begin to feel bad. honestly though, that's kind of a reach; what you described doesn't sound severe enough to cause a big problem.

if your skin/eyes aren't a sickly shade of dark yellow, you don't have excruciating abdominal pain, and your body seems to functioning well enough then you probably don't have anything wrong with your liver it can't fix on its own.
>>
>>16439090
no the first symtom is when you vomit blood. usually caused by extreme alcohol poisoning. i know somebody who fucked his by drinking a lot of top shelf booze. and he was in his early 30s
>>
>>16439710
You don't know what you're talking about. Vomiting blood is a later symptom of liver damage or cirrhosis.

Also alcohol isn't the only thing that causes liver damage. Your liver processes a lot of shit. Including pills. With that being said someone can develop cirrhosis without ever drinking a sip of alcohol.

And top shelf doesn't mean shit. 80 proof is 80 proof. Just because one cost more than the other doesn't mean it's going to cause more damage.
>>
>>16439669
>if your skin/eyes aren't a sickly shade of dark yellow, you don't have excruciating abdominal pain, and your body seems to functioning well enough then you probably don't have anything wrong with your liver it can't fix on its own
You're wrong. First symptoms of liver disease are fatigue, digestion troubles etc. What you described fits acute damage, bile drainage problems, poisoning, not slowly accumulated damage. Hepatitis + binge drinking can fuck your liver up and you won't know until much later.That's not OPs problem, though, and he'll be fine.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.