[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why shouldn't I kill myself /adv/? I have no friends, no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 248x203
Why shouldn't I kill myself /adv/?

I have no friends, no life, hate my job, hate myself, am getting fat, have had depression and other issues for my entire life, will never find a woman who loves me, and will never find a place that I belong and can call home

I have a million reasons to kill myself, and I can't come up with anything that indicates that I shouldn't

And if I should kill myself, what's the best method?
>>
>>16436670
do whatever but stop being such a little bitch

if you want to live, live
if not, die

stop trying to find meaning in life or justification in ending it dummy
>>
>>16436693
Well what do you do?
>>
>>16436670
these people can offer better answers than /adv/

Are you in crisis? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at +1 (800) 273-8255.
>>
>>16436704
Work day in and out doing things I find interesting until I find something else I find interesting.
>>
>>16436670
You don't want to kill yourself.

If you did you wouldn't come here for us to try and talk you out of it.

Best method would probably be by gun. Or exit bag if that's guns aren't available. Jumping should be fine if you're okay with heights, the force will kill you on impact if you're high enough.

But seriously rather than being miserable and indulging in your little suicide fantasy get your life together. Find a way to contribute to society and be happy about it even if it's just collecting garbage and doing volunteer work.
>>
>>16436711
Suicide prevention hotline won't give me tips about suicide

>>16436713
Do you socialize? Or have you like adjusted to being alone? I can't just sit around and do stuff alone, I just go back into my head

>>16436718
It's more like I'm seeking confirmation that I am correct and there are no good reasons not to kill myself. It's not like I can ask on facebook. And I live in Wisconsin so I can literally drive down the road and get a nice 12 gauge and some yummy, yummy buckshot
>>
>>16436726
Socialize very little, mostly just shitpost on social media and deal with clients.
>>
Nothing matters.
It's true.
Now follow that all the way to the end. If nothing matters, if all pursuits are ultimately futile, what is left?
To me, it looks like the only thing left is whether you're going to enjoy it or not. That's the part you get to choose, right? Sometimes, dishes need to be done. Are you going to enjoy doing them or not? Sometimes, school has to be attended. Are you going to enjoy going or not?
Start small.
Like, right now. No. Not "like" right now. RIGHT NOW.
What are you doing? Right now? Are you enjoying it or not? If you're not enjoying it, change your perspective. Just a little tiny bit. Right now.
Right now is all that matters. And the best part about it, it's the only thing that's real. Get your head out of worrying about the future or trying to decide some grand plan for yourself. Stop thinking about how others feel about the world they live in or what they think is important. Just start with right now FOR YOU. And then do it in the next right now. And the next. And the next. Whenever you notice you're not enjoying, just find the part about right now that you do enjoy (whether you're cooking, cleaning, reading, pooping, whatever). Now, notice I'm not saying "If you're not happy right now, do something else." It's not about doing. It's about perceiving.
Here's the part that I think a lot of people miss: When you center yourself in the enjoyment of RIGHT NOW, a sort-of wisdom leaks in and directs you into the next. So you're not flinging off from one crazy experience to another, you're flowing into it rationally and quietly.
One day you wake up and realize that you'd totally enjoy RIGHT NOW, no matter whether you're in a mansion or a tent, whether you're a professor or a beggar. There's total freedom in it, and it's not immature and it's not scary. You don't have to question whether another experience would be better for you. Because you know that wherever you are RIGHT NOW is as good as it will ever, ever get.
>>
File: 111111.png (69 KB, 1024x510) Image search: [Google]
111111.png
69 KB, 1024x510
>>16436726
Well, it seems like you have depression. My advice will be simple. It seems that you can be free. Just do it, here's how. Make a plan for yourself, that at the start of the spring you will throw it all away and start hiking. Set a date for yourself. From now on you are geting money for that single thing, it's your mission, your only goal. Buy some equipment, get some knowledge, but dont burden yourself on too many things. This goal, will help you find strength in the day to day life (you know it's ending pretty soon anyway). Now when the set date comes in, just pick destination with some nice landscapes or place you always wanted to visit. Don't go by car (your own) just travel like peoples in the old times did, and maybe hitchhake from time to time. Sleep in the wild, in the tent or under the stars. Say fuck you to the whole civilized world. Try to spend as little money as you need, try to life of odd jobs and peoples hospitality or gathering, small game. Be free. Maybe you will find place where you want to settle, maybe not, maybe you will meet somebody, maybe not. For sure physical effort will be good for you. That's just advice, maybe not the best but I know that this is the one that I will take when things get worse. Get better, man.

Also, fuck this guys.
>>16436693
>>16436718
They obviously never had real problems in life.
>>
>>16436736
Like are you okay with that? Did you just get used to it or do you choose to be that way? I'd love to be okay with being alone, but I am incapable

>>16436739
I don't find joy in anything so I don't really understand what you're trying to tell me
>>
>>16436753
The issue is I NEED to have that place and that person, and I needed it to happen forever ago so I didn't go down this path. And I don't have the motivation to leave my room anymore let alone go on a trip :(

Thanks for wishing for me to feel better though anon
>>
>>16436753
If OP goes into the woods to soul seek and shoots himself then Reese Witherspoon will have another movie Idea it seems
>>
>>16436753
>never had real problems
way to project buddy

>>16436756
I'm ok with this aspect for now at least
>>
>>16436764
I feel you man, it's heavy on soul to be alone. Do you have family, did you ever had relationship? How old are you?

If you dont mind me continuing babble to try to get you to rumble, read on.
Your state is what Im getting at. You need to cleanse yourself from the life you have (because you hate it and it makes you hate yourself and everything you come in contact with), it's almost hopeless that you will find good person or make a home for yourself because you will start to hate them as they come, as everything. It's not a trip either, it's not a go and come kind of travel. It's burning everything what's behind you.

I belive we are simple things, not much more than animals. Best solution for your kind of problem is taking it to the roots, simplifying things and life, needing to care for day to day and caring only for them. It will make you forget about how you feel and how your life is, you must start to life for a moment. And then, maybe you will be able to make a home for yourself, maybe during your hike you will find this special someone, maybe you will find strengh to start anew.

There is a lot of people that found solitude in simple things, many that build cabins and sheds by their own hands. You could settle in some nice place.
>>
>>16436791
I'm 24. Had a couple relationships, both times they left me. One bailed after she got pregnant and aborted it, the other just left and is now fucking my ex-best friend who stopped talking to me after I tried to kill myself last. I have parents but I don't trust them, I know they love me but I don't trust their intentions. Their answer is always to try and get me to go back to a mental institution

I tried running away, I moved to another state entirely, but that just made me feel even more alone. And I can't be alone anymore. I can't come back to my apartment and have it feel like I walked into a silent, hollow tomb anymore

I like the "quest" idea or whatever, but it'd take me a while to get the money and just the energy period, and I don't see myself living past Thanksgiving really. That's when I tried to kill myself last, and a year has passed and I have nothing to show for it, I'm still just the same miserable, mentally deficient loser and I can't take it. I need some sort of reprieve really really soon, or at least a solid reason to try
>>
>>16436817
Well, you are young man than! I thought it was worse with you, but you are still at the start of the game. I'm not gonna lie, you obviously have a problem.

You got to stop treating life like there is something to win or lose, it's not a race, you don't owe nothing to noone, even to yourself. Try to relax. I was hoping that quest idea would give you a glimmer of hope, a light at the end of the tunnel that you yourself called tomb, something that would make you at least little excited about things to come. And I don't think you need much money, just wouldn't want you to go out while it's winter.

You need someone to talk to? If you do, mail me at [email protected] a bit cheesy, I just made that up, what can you do when you are not witty, huh? I need to go soon, its really late where I am from. But will read that first thing in the morning.
>>
>>16436704
Killed myself last week. Haven't looked back.
>>
>>16436670

because everything you listed is something you can fix. aside from the 'never' stuff, but you're only 12 years old anon, you dont know what ur saying. this is something every edgy teenager believes.
>>
>Does life have some mystical, deep meaning that should entice me to keep living?
No, of course not. That's silly.

>should I kill myself?
If you want to. It's your life, use it when you need itâ„¢, even if people on the outside world try to tell you otherwise.

>Is it SMART to kill myself though? Is it worth it to keep living since there's no meaning?
That's a deep philosophical question. There's tons of witty answers to this.

For example, you're going to die one day anyway, all you'd be doing is speeding up the process, do you want to take the gamble of continuing life? If you kill yourself, you get a sure outcome of ceasing existence. If you continue to live, happiness may come, or you may end up just suffering for the rest of your days. For most people, there's a mix of both good and bad, often with long periods of one dominating the other.

There's also the old "world is your oyster" post that I can't be bothered to dig up right now. Basically it says, if you're going to kill yourself anyway, why not fuck around and enjoy life a bit before you go? If the enjoyment stops, kill yourself then. If it doesn't stop, then enjoy your better life.

There's ALSO the response of "make a better effort to fix your problems to become happier, thus making life worth living," but we all know that's easier said than done, and that simply trying harder doesn't always work. Sometimes it does though, and it's hard to really know if it will until you try.

This is my brief input. Hope it helps.
>>
>>16436670

The world outside is thrilling, and full of pleasures, this is what you should look for, if you die you'll not feel them.

Is there a high mountain in your area? climb it, is there an MMA club near your? go in, never picked a girl up? go to the other side of the city and say hi to one and a compliment then move on, challenges are what makes life worth living.

But forget about it if you have massive health issues or handicaps, if not then remember than everything is an illusion, the only real things are feelings and sensations, try to experience the good ones as much as possible while never touching drugs, now throw all the beer and weed you have let it be real, life is just a fucking game, push "New Game" button and roll.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.