[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to make a life changing decision but I don't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1277505020834.gif (8 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1277505020834.gif
8 KB, 645x773
I want to make a life changing decision but I don't have the willpower to do it. The deadline to make this change is in two weeks and I afraid I won't get my shit together and end up living an unhappy life. Where can I find someone that will help me?
>>
>>15499103
Do it, faggot.
>>
>>15499116

The problem is it's not just a pull the trigger choice. I want to study in a different country but the whole process of moving, applying, being alone, leaving my GF and not being certain of my fate is confusing and scary.
>>
>>15499121
Dump your gf. That's a start.
>>
>>15499133

Please continue
>>
Explain what decision do you have to make OP.Your current explanation is very vague for us to give you a helpful advice
>>
>>15499103
Where are you now OP?
Where are you going to study?

Merican here who is studying in Germany.
>>
>>15499103

Are you in school/college/uni? See a counsellor. Are you religious? See a clergyman. Do you have a family member or wise old friend whose judgment you trust? Borrow their ears for a half-hour while you talk out your questions - just by listening they may help you work out your thoughts.
>>
>>15499156
Canadian here studying in Germany also..what city ?
>>
>>15499163
Halle, close to Leipzig
>>
>>15499152

I finished HS last year and I'm on my gap year now trying to decide what I want to do with my future. I've decided on pharmacy as it's what interests me most and I'm trying to decide where I will study.

I'm currently living in Poland and finished HS here but I grew up in Canada and would like to return there for university, or at the very least study in a different EU country.

On paper it seems like a pretty easy this or that choice but I'm worried about so many things. What if I won't be able to take the stress of having to study and suddenly having to live on my own? What if I decide pharmacy is not the path for me. What if I won't be able to deal with all the tuition costs or not get a student loan for studying in Canada? What if I don't get accepted into pharmacy school in Canada as it's very competitive? I could go on but I think you guys get the point.

Poland is a much safer option (free tuition, know I'll be able to get in, parents supporting me) and I have a wonderful GF here but I can't stand it any longer here and I feel like I'm throwing my life away.
>>
>>15499167
I'm in Hannover...I did a studienkolleg test at Martin Luthenberg uni and failed.Halle was quite a nice city but a little small.
>>
>>15499171
You should probably get accepted to a school before you do anything.

Don't just go there hoping everything will work out.
>>
>>15499177
Shit when did you do it? Was it the aufnahmetest or the FSP?
>>
>>15499171
Do you have a canadian citizenship ? I also grew up in Canada , got a citizenship but returned to my homeland Albania where I did my HS.Then I'm currently in germany learning German which is a pain in the ass and hopefully entering an uni in september.I made a mistake.It would be better if I went to Canada for a uni..So it's better for you to apply for a scholarship and go to Canada (if you're a Canadian citizen)
>>
>>15499179

Getting into pre-pharm is easy and I don't think it would be a problem.
>>
>>15499181
Aufnahmetest...I did it at the end of February...What are you currently doing now ?
>>
>>15499121
I think you'll regret not going to another country and studying. Not the other way around.
>>
>>15499187

Yeah I do! I don't think it's that easy to get a scholarship. I don't really have any reason to get one. I had good grades but nothing on the level of scholarship good. I'd most likely have to take a student loan.

Why are you regretting going to uni in Germany? It's free over there. I'd possibly study in Germany or another EU country but pharmacy is only offered in the country's official language and I'd have to take another year off learning a language.
>>
>>15499194
Feb 2015? I did my test in Feb 2014 and finished in January of 2015

My subject of study officially starts in October 2015 but I will do ASQ modules until then.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.