[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you stay focused for studying? Was planning to finish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: student.jpg (57 KB, 500x315) Image search: [Google]
student.jpg
57 KB, 500x315
How do you stay focused for studying?

Was planning to finish reading the 150 pages needed for my test tomorrow yesterday night, somehow it's nearly 1700 today and I'm still only at page 90.
>>
>>15351266
Try to do a pause of five minutes every 20-30 minutes or so.
>>
>>15351266

lol 150 pages in a day?

It takes me at least 3 minutes to read a page. That's 450 minutes or 7.5 hours. It would never happen.

Reading everything never helps anyway.
>>
>>15351270
>3 minutes to read a page
What the fuck? How did you get into college
>>
>>15351270
7.5 hours of studying per day is not much, for instance today I started at 0900AM and was planning to go until 0200-0300 AM with a few breaks for food.

>>15351268
Somehow my pauses end up being too long, I get sucked into them
>>
>>15351276
Sounds like someone is an arts major.
>>
RI-TA-LIN
works like a charm
>>
>>15351283
I'm a CS major. I just opened a book by Machiavelli and it took me 47s to read and absorb a page. Three minutes is literally elementary school level.
>>
>>15351268

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>STOP BRONSWING THIS TREAD AND GO BACK TO STUDY <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>
>>15351291
I'm a mathematician and I write more words than I read through school. So a slow reading pace in secondary education seems reasonable to me.
>>
>>15351291
I then read a page out loud as if I was reading to someone. It took 1:55.
How the FUCK are you in college and reading, in your own mind, 33% slower than a calm spoken word?
>>
>>15351266
amphetamines
>>
>>15351301
50% slower*
>>
Thanks everyone arguing how long it takes to read a page. Personally I'm in med-school and it takes me a little under 3 minutes to read a page if I want to retain the information (obviously changes depending on class, language and other factors).
I'm generally comfortable at 100 pages/day since my concentration isn't good enough to just sit and read, so I spice it up with answering questions etc. Sadly I don't always have that luxury, this exam period I'm generally pressed to 150 pages/day.

That's why I want to improve my concentration, especially for the upcoming test tomorrow. Any tips would be appreciated.
>>
>>15351312
Coffee, coffee, and some more coffee
>>
>>15351326
>>15351302
>>15351285
I am seeing a trend here...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.