[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have large goal >Can't become motivated to do the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 56y7ui7652.gif (491 KB, 480x198) Image search: [Google]
56y7ui7652.gif
491 KB, 480x198
>Have large goal
>Can't become motivated to do the grind to reach it
>Using and training self-discipline is the only other option
>Already using loads of discipline and willpower just being a normalfag due to terrible past
How can i stop feeling like a victim
>>
It's all in your head. The only one stopping you from doing what you want is yourself.

Do you want to change? Then change. Your lack of motivation comes from yourself.

If something is important to you, you'll find a way; otherwise you'll find an excuse.
>>
You're not gonna make it brah.
>>
If you need willpower to be something you're not you're better off putting that willpower elsewhere.
>>
>>14934307
I know it's all in my head but there are tons of unconscious processes and emotions i have no control over.

>>14934319
Thanks brah

>>14934344
Most things are hard even when you want to do them, it can't be all pleasure there are always periods where it is really difficult.
>>
Decompose the goal in a series of smaller goals.

Then break those down into a list of even smaller tasks.

Work out the dependencies, that is, which ones depend on others being done before you can start them.

Then just start ticking items off the list.
>>
File: tumblr_mz5tvmgNaa1s272mko1_500.png (147 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mz5tvmgNaa1s272mko1_500.png
147 KB, 500x349
>>14934205
OP are you me. We're in the same boat.. I don't have an answer for you, but just practice one thing at a time. If your diet is kinda shitty, slowly change your diet, then start to exercise and so on. When you improve you get the motivation to improve on other things as well.

And don't blame yourself, don't compare yourself to others. It just makes things worse.

We have to fix these fundamental things first. Take one step at a time, it's the only way.
>>
And OP, what is your goal by the way?
>>
File: 1399003032424.jpg (26 KB, 400x394) Image search: [Google]
1399003032424.jpg
26 KB, 400x394
>>14934205
I know how you feel OP. I know that my problem is actually no problem at all and that to pursue my objectives and revolutionize the world with some great ideas I have I simply need to start working. However, I can't do it. Sometimes I fall in a kind of mental process loop where I keep running in circles, asking myself why exactly it is that I don't do shit, it feels like my brain is going to implode.

>>14934391
Where is that image from?
>>
File: tumblr_mx77vteuYo1rc9jc0o1_500.jpg (44 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mx77vteuYo1rc9jc0o1_500.jpg
44 KB, 500x333
>>14934419

It's from a Vice minidocumentary on this skater called Dylan Rieder. He's pretty cool.

He had a talent for skating as a kid, was sponsored by some skating labels. When he became a teenager he got into drugs and was kinda depressed, stopped skating for a good while. But he got out of it, practised a lot, and started a "skatingcareer" and now he is a professional skater, but he's got his own style, released his own skating shoe and stuff. Cool guy.

And by the way, I'm stuck in the same loop as you. That picture is really accurate.. but I feel that I improve.. slowly. Only in certain areas, but that gives me motivation to do something, at least.. it's better to do something, than do nothing.

Also, I recommend waking up early and doing whatever you want to/have to do. It's a lot easier.. If you just make small habits, stick to them for like, a month until it's second nature - and then make more habits. It could be as simple as flossing your teeth every day, or drink green tea.
>>
>>14934391
>We have to fix these fundamental things first. Take one step at a time, it's the only way.
I agree 100%

>>14934399
Cliche, but artist, as in technical knowledge artist not "Conceptual art", the grind is hard and starting out is even harder. I also need to give up wasting time on stupid sites as 'mandatory' part of my day.

>>14934419
>I simply need to start working. However, I can't do it.
I'm glad i am not the only one with this, i agree with the picture as well.
>>
I don't know if this is of any help. I posted about this a couple of days ago, no-one replied so I looked somewhere else. I found a book. It's helping me, anon. Here it is:

http://wikisend.com/download/649960/Self-Discipline in 10 days - How To Go From Thinking To Doing.pdf
>>
>>14934706
It's me again...

I'm only 50 pages through (I started reading it last night, you can read it in one day, two at most...) and I've seen in there all the traits that are boycotting me. Once you know what's fucking you up and how to come over it it will be easy. As they say, it's all in your head. As soon as you see what to think, everything will unfold accordingly and follow up
>>
>>14934706
Not OP, but thank you for this. I'm gonna start reading it right now...

By the way, meditation... is something you all should look into. Just simple straightforward meditation, like 5 minutes a day in the beginning, then 20 in a while. I'm not talking about "spiritual" meditation.. but here's a link on how to do it - it explains a lot. It's pretty long but good and entertaining enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a5fO8jE7mc
>>
>>14934458

epicly laterd ?
>>
>>14934794
Yep
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.