[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What college major do I choose to waste my money the least? inb4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
What college major do I choose to waste my money the least?
inb4 "college is a waste"
inb4 "do what you love" I've fallen for that meme before
I'm thinking business major?
>>
I am not going to say uni is a waste.
I did it and i don't regret at thing. In fact i am going back for a Masters.
But don't bother if there isn't anything you actually want to study or you at least want to learn in general. Or less you will get nothing out of it.
>>
>>17369892
>But don't bother if there isn't anything you actually want to study or you at least want to learn in general. Or less you will get nothing out of it.

Plus you'll probably do really poorly. You know lack of motivation and all...

That being said. A Business major can be pretty versatile, especially depending on which kind you get, but they're generally all pretty decent for getting a job in almost any industry.

If you are just starting college just take different classes that will meet your core requisites. It's not like you need to lock in a major yet.
>>
To waste your money the least, go to CC, do two years there while you figure out what you really want to do.

Every major has its pitfalls; your business degree can get you anywhere from HR executive at a Fortune 500, or a shift manager at the local Target.

STEM degrees aren't the be-all end-all they're made out to be either. If you want to make bank in STEM, you're going to have to have some serious maths skills, and a decent work ethic to pursue what limited jobs there are.

Honestly, trade schools for STEM fields aren't that bad. Machinists and techies make some solid money, while having decent job security. Plus, the job market for them isn't that saturated.

Or, if you're a loner, get a CDL and start trucking.
>>
>>17369822
Medicine. Engineering. Business.

Biomedical engineering is a thing, now, too.

Don't do law. Too many lawyers, and will be for a long time.

Also, as someone said, trade schools are good starts and can ease you into an engineering profession later. Electrician to electrical engineer, for instance.

If engineering, make your peace with learning a lot of math. I'm in electrical, and you can't properly analyze anything other than a resistive circuit without differential equations.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.