[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need advice with diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
So I decided to start eating more healthy.
I read the diet part in the /fit/ sticky but I would need something more general.

Does anyone know the staple vegetables and fruit that are a must consume and does anyone know any other produce that is healthy to consume periodically?

Does anyone know any good salads the include tomatoes because I just can't eat raw tomatoes by themselves?

Are two straight days of unhealthy food a week too much?

I also suffer a little bit from acne and am lactose intolerant so I try to not consume that many dairy products. Does anyone know any good replacements for dairy stuff?
>>
>>17369522

hi anon, here you go

>any good vegetables

all vegetables are good vegetables. people tend to think of healthy as an on of off switch. its either healthy, or its not. but thats simply not the case.

health itself is hard to define but in the case of consumption its at the caloric intake that you desire, and gives you the nutrients you need. despite what sources say, you dont need calcium after 24, your bones stop using it. so dairy isnt very necessary.

i recommend a vitamin cuz unless you try really hard ur not getting all ur vitamins from a good diet. you need to have a perfectly balanced diet for that. no, just get a 1 a day mens vitamin.

that isnt to say you shouldnt eat veggies. on the contrary, i think the vast majority of your food should be veggies. but very few veggies are superior to others.

lettuce is definitely on the lower end of the totem pole. it is virtually just water. same with celery.

my advice is to go out and buy small servings of every veggie you can. then for the next week try all these veggies. write down all the veggies you were at least okay with, which ones you like, etc.

and forget theo nes you hated. then research recipes for those veggies to make them even better.

as for salads, i prefer spinach. its got more nutrients then basic lettuce and good flavor imo.
>>
File: B&A.png (2 MB, 3200x900) Image search: [Google]
B&A.png
2 MB, 3200x900
Acne isnt as simple as parents made it out to be. if its only in one location its usually caused by a specific problem (for example (thisi s wrong but for example) acne on the nose would be a dairy issue). I had acne on my chin only, and thats a hormonal issue. however i cannot fix that as a dude (whereas women could just take birth control etc).

there are two approaches that worked well for me. the first is how i went from pic related to second pic related.

>tretinoin in the morning
>salicylic acne wash in the shower
>moisturizer after / as needed
>erythromicin at night

tretinoin is prescription but you can order online as well. you rub it on to your skin and it peels it fast, causing your acne to fall right off. thats.

salicylic acne wash is basic acne wash you can get at most any store. i get mine at rite aid.

moisturizer stops your face from drying itself out, which prevents your skin from getting damaged and/or over producing oils which makes more acne.

erythromicin topical gel is an antio biotic used to treat acne, however instead of applying it your stomach, you apply it to your face before bed. it attacks the bacteria right on your face, killing acne before it starts.

I used all 4 together and it wokred pretty well, but it was annoying. way too much of my day was dedicated to treating my acne, not eating foods, trying to find ways to scratch an itch without touching myface. if i was making out with a girl and she happened to rub her fingers across my face, you can bet your savings that id have acne on the part of my chin she touched.

i got so frustrated i went ahead and started taking accutane. i was nervous but within the first month i had no acne. i had to quit one week into the third month (of 5 months) but my acne still hasnt returned and for that im grateful. i can sleep face down, scratch my chin, eat whatever i want. its awesome.
>>
OP here

I'm only 19 so I believe I still need dairy products, that's why I still at least eat yoghurt, but I've heard that dairy causes acne.

I'm battling acne with external ways as well as I take accutane. I'm just wondering if there are any dietary approaches as well.

I need full nutrition because I started working out and I generally want to be healthy.

By the way, do you think there is a chance for me to still grow a few centimeters with the right nutrition?
>>
>>17369577

doubtful depends when you stopped growing tho
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.