[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be 35 >got dumped 12 freaking years ago and never really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: hello.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1333
>be 35
>got dumped 12 freaking years ago and never really got over it
>single ever since
>mentally about ten years younger, look younger too
>had opportunities with women/girls but too picky
>they were married or too young and worked for my folks, or my freaking weed dealer
>really regret not hooking up with some of 'em now after being single so long
>got chronic lyme's disease since 2 years ago, can only use limbs for 10-15 minutes until they start hurting, so not out much obviously, can't eat sugar or drink alcohol
>starting a heavy intravenous (sp?) treatment in september
>one friend moved abroad, other friend I keep seeing less, see him like once every two months now I guess because he can only visit me and I can't drive to his city an hour away, he's got less time for me each month that passes it seems
>haven't had a steady job in forever, not working now cause of sickness
>have a car and nice apartment through family though so not that poor I guess
>currently the only prospect for the future is my inheritance, but...
>not sure wanna keep on living if the heavy treatment doesn't heal my arms & legs

I don't know how to meet new people, I guess now would be bad timing anyway with treatment coming up, but I just discovered this board and found a way to finally vent and ask someone, how do I not die alone and find someone to love? I'm watching 500 days of summer and this was supposed to be a feelgood movie so blame that I guess, it's depressing as hell for now.
>>
>500 days of summer
I watched that movie on my first proper date with the woman I've loved for the last half a decade. Feel like it layed the grounds for our relationship, and it doesn't feel good at all.

So over to you, op. What do you do for a living? Do you ever do anything that does or does not involve alcohol, even if you don't drink yourself?

One way of meeting new people is on your own. Talk to people, get to sit at their table.
Another is to get invited to social events by co-workers or other people you frequently see, and meet their acquantances.
>>
>>17366768
i have a chronic disease too.
i don't know how much that disease affects your life, but in my case it interferes with my life everyday, so it can be very hard to deal with it from time to time.

what really helps me is to get in contact with people who have the same disease.
it's great to talk with them, because they understand you and your hardships so well. it's like an instant connection you don't feel with "normal" people.
you will also see people leading normal lives with their disease, this always inspires me.
>>
>>17366801
Damn man, my sympathy for the movie situation, sounds like that really sucks. I used to work in IT or help in my folks shop.
I don't ever go out really. I could never go sit at someone's table if I did go out. I haven't approached a stranger in my entire life I think.
Hmm I guess I shouldn't break contact with my buddy then.

>>17366822
Same here, my sympathies. I use meditation to deal with the depression that comes along with it and it helps a lot. I think it saved my life on multiple occasions.
Hmm, I might look into that, I know there are several forums. Though my sister has the disease too and I know she posts on some of them, we really don't get along, so I wanna avoid her completely. But this is a pretty good idea, thank you and best of luck with your health.
>>
You should get a hobby dude.
I enjoy painting myself, but that might be hard considering your condition.
>>
>>17367044
I mean a hobby where you take classes or join clubs or something. A book club perhaps. It's a good way to meet friends, I believe.

Also, look into ways of improving your social skills.
>>
>>17367047
Social hobbies are hard because of the condition. I can't do anything physical.

Any other suggestions like book club? Sounds possible but my fatigue makes it hard to finish a book. I've got a terry pratchett book and ASOIAF 1 on my nightstand for the last 2 years I think.

I've read a lot to improve social skills but that doesn't really help me so far. I'm ok around people I get to know via other people or whatever, but total strangers is a pretty hopeless cause.

Might look into classes of some sort. Thanks.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.