[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I did a really shit job in high school and I'm wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1464235390676.jpg (119 KB, 655x578) Image search: [Google]
1464235390676.jpg
119 KB, 655x578
I did a really shit job in high school and I'm wondering what to do with my life now. My plan is to go to trade school and become a plumber, but I'm worried taking 4-5 years of my life to pursue a career I know little to nothing about might just be a waste of my time when because of my awful background I might not even get hired. I don't want to be living in my parents house till I'm 23 balancing some dead end retail job and a plumbers education that might not even amount to anything
>>
>>17366005

A lot of people are wondering the same at 30, and it's a lot worse then. You do have to commit to some course of action.

Your other options are military, student loans for college, or electrician. Also, EMT, but they don't make shit. Oh, then there's truck driving, which is much faster than any of the above.
>>
>>17366031
To add to this, truck driving is VERY lucrative. If you don't mind solitude and driving all the time.

My girlfriend's dad has been doing it for 5 years and he's hauling in $3,500+ a month. That's on par with what someone with a non-STEM degree is making, the first 5 years after graduating.

Someone your age could make some serious bank doing a trucking job for 5 or so years. Live very cheaply, put away most of your earnings into savings. After 5 years, you will have matured more and figured out what it is you want to do. With the money you earned, you can afford to pursue the education you want.
>>
>>17366031
>>17366037
truck driver sounds like a good option, but the thought of driving a commercial truck that I have the potential to wreck really gives me anxiety. I guess I should stop being such a quivering pussy though, thanks for the help!
>>
If I may ask, why did you do a shit job in high school? plenty of people do shit in high school not because they're dumb, but because hs fucking sucks. Just so you know, college is still an option. You're young, and if that kind of learning still interests you, you definitely can go to a community college, do the best that you can, and transfer to a better school after a year or two of getting good grades. College is a lot fucking easier than high school because the classes are actually interesting and you are treated like an adult.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.