[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tried to pop my neck and I end up hurting I or something. Now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 420x300
I tried to pop my neck and I end up hurting I or something. Now I have to keep my head leaned to the left or else my Neck really hurts. What happened and how do I treat it?
>>
>>17365740
take ibuprofen to manage pain. Don't fuck around with it anymore and is should go away in a day or 2.
>>
The muscles surrounding your spine are not under conscious control, they're modulated by mechanoreceptors that adjust to your posture and the movement of the rest of your muscles / bones.

One of two things happened:
-You pinched a nerve in your neck (this happened to me when I was a teenager. Had to keep my head cocked to the side for a day or two)
-You damaged a muscle in your neck, causing it to lock up because it thinks it's protecting your spine from damage. It becomes inflamed and gets stuck in a signalling catch 22, but will ultimately resolve in 3 days to a week.
-You slipped a disc somehow

It's likely the former. This also is early indication that you have cervical spine issues and perhaps a scoliosis of your lower spine. Get that evaluated.
>>
>>17365745
>>17365748
Thanks my dudes.
>>
moist heat, like a hot water bag if you have it. or get a rolled up towel slightly damp, pop it in the microwave for like 1 min and rest it over the painful area
>>
>>17365740
Heat, Pain meds and rest. Try to make sure you're sleeping/resting in a position where you're not going to roll while sleeping and make it worse
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.