[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ausfag in high school in need of career advice. Always on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Ausfag in high school in need of career advice. Always on the edge of dropping out due to mental health shit. Always unmotivated and dead inside. Recently I had an epiphany and that I didn't have one career in mind, and that there were many things I wanted to do.
>visual arts (something i've loved throughout my whole life, i've always been drawing and painting)
>fashion
>perfumery
>make up
>baking

I'm interested in all of these and I'd love to have careers in all of them throughout my life. What do I do? Right now I haven't been to school for like a month. Is it necessary for what I want to do? Should I finish up school or should I start picking up certificates and apprenticeships?

Any suggestions would be helpful.
>>
>>17364985
>>visual arts (something i've loved throughout my whole life, i've always been drawing and painting)
>>fashion
>>perfumery
>>make up
Good fucking luck. These shouldn't be career plans if you've got bills to pay. Hobbies sure, then you can turn them into a career if you get lucky.
>>baking
Culinary schools will expect a high school diploma or similar, but a small time baker only needs to know how to bake.

Stay in school m8.
>>
Finish school. You're not going to get anywhere in life without your high school degree, people will look down you, treat you like a retard, etc. You're not even far behind, you can easily catch up and pass with ease.

Unless you're part of the 1%, you're going to have to do hard work to get far in your life. This means that you have to start studying for your classes, doing the assigned work, and making sure that you do well. You can't let your personal feelings jeopardize your future. I didn't show up to High School my entire final year and didn't do any study at all, and I did fine; but that probably won't be your case.

Your pathway to whatever your final goal is, will be pretty varied; but it all starts with finishing High School.

Of all the things you mentioned, Fashion and Perfumery are probably the only viable options of them all, and even then they're extremely hard to get into, and will require an insane amount of luck. I'm friends with a girl who studied fashion at RMIT, got places on runways all around Oceania, but then couldn't break into the international market and got stonewalled.

Surely there are some subjects in High School that you find fun or interesting? Go talk to a careers adviser, whether it's at a University or in your High School.
>>
>>17364985
DO NOT GO TO UNI, IT WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE. It's difficult and crazy stressful for people who are 100% mentally stable, it will not treat you kindly. just learn skills and crafts, make yourself a useful person. Also, deal drugs, it makes a lot of money.
>>
Get your high school diploma. Go to a community college, ask people what they're majoring in. Keep looking at high demand careers that you like. Don't go to a university unless you have an idea of what you wanna be otherwise you'll be wasting a fuck ton of money.
>>
>>17365043

Mate, I was fucked in the head throughout all of Uni, every semester someone would die, girlfriends would leave me, seasonal depression, etc.

I did fine.

University isn't difficult if you understand how your brain works. Knowing how you learn best takes 90% of the difficulty out of doing well. I do 8 hours of study a semester and get Distinction / High Distinction every single time.
>>
>>17365043
You've got to be the biggest retard if you think uni is difficult
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.