[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me preface this by saying that I am terrible at reading signals.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_2865.jpg (1 MB, 1944x1800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2865.jpg
1 MB, 1944x1800
Let me preface this by saying that I am terrible at reading signals. The majority of my relationships thus far have begun online. That said...

There is a guy at my job who I really have a crush on. He seems to like me too. He greets me with 'hey pretty lady' regularly, says I'm funny, and seems interested to know the details of my dating life whenever they are brought up.

>For example, I told him about a funny interaction I'd had with a customer of mine and how she asked me about the men in my life, at which point he questioned me about who the men in my life were.

We regularly talk to each other about our goofy online dating mishaps (tinderlol) and I think (but can't be sure) he asked me out on a date? He asked what I was doing after work and when I told him nothing he said that he was planning on cancelling a date with some girl he didn't want to see and wanted to know if I'd like to come have a drink with him at a local restaurant. I declined because I was caught off guard, and also wearing some pretty gross work clothes. (I work with a lot of chemicals and such.)

Today he comes in and we goof around as per usual, but he tells me a couple of times about how he wants to talk to some other woman we know at our job. He has mentioned her before, too.

I've read in some places that when a guy talks casually with you about being interested in other women, he sees you more as a buddy and less as a love interest. Is this typically true? Did I just blow it super badly by declining to go out with him the other night?
>>
Sounds to me like he just mentioned the other girl so you'd notice him more. So go for it. Worst case scenario you were option 2 behind that girl... And if you guys hit it off he'll most likely forget about her
>>
>>17364875
he's probably not the type that gets hung up on a single girl, and so he's okay with moving on to the next one easily. He's gonna keep you guessing because everyone wants what they can't have.

He won't reject you if you "change your mind" though.
>>
File: 18289_1348779294_0.jpg (2 MB, 2964x2268) Image search: [Google]
18289_1348779294_0.jpg
2 MB, 2964x2268
>>17364889
Nice! Thank you for your input.

>>17364903
Considering our previous interactions, you're probably right on this one.

So I was just reflecting. Earlier this week I said something to him about being afraid of every bump I hear in the night. I vaguely remember him saying something to me in regards to him owning a gun and how he should take me to the shooting range and teach me how to use it. Oblivious, I responded flatly "I have a dog and a taser. I think I'm good." Damndamn. How do I fix this? How do I let him know that I'm interested but just dumbaf?
>>
>>17364875
You: "I'm sorry I had to fink out on that drink last week. Maybe we can try again this week?"

He: his response, positive or negative, will let you know where he stands.
>>
>>17364875
Don't shit where you eat.

If you hook up and it goes bad later you will be miserable at work and may even lose your job. Forget tv dramas, it usually doesn't go that smooth.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.