[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I get validation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: billy-crudup-almost-famous (1).jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
billy-crudup-almost-famous (1).jpg
15 KB, 300x300
On Monday I'm going to campus, speaking with my advisor, and switching my major.

This fall will be my fifth year, and if I didn't plan to switch, I'd be graduating with a degree in finance. Why I got into finance, or business really (started as entrepreneurship), I'm unsure. I started as a psych major, and I think I remember switching to business for a stable job.

Anyway, for the past two years now, I've been disinterested in my classes. Idk why it took me this long to finally do it, but I'm going to switch my major to English.

I've always liked reading. I've always liked writing. I've always teaching. I've finished and revised two novels in the past year, while taking business courses, and this semester I told myself I'd indulge with a Shakespeare course with one of my favorite professors, whom I've never followed up with.

But instead of just taking that one Shakespeare course, last night, as I stayed awake until 7am thinking about my future, and reading Stoner by John Williams, I realized I want to go all out. I don't want to take business courses.

I'm 21. I'm two semesters away from a finance degree, but I don't want it. Has anyone been in this situation? Am I foolish for not going for the finance degree, even as a safety net?
>>
So you want to take more than six fucking years to graduate with an English major? Jesus
>>
As an English major your either going to have to write a best selling book and doing freelance stuff in the meantime. Or you'll have to be an English teacher, which means you'll have to get a teaching certification which is even more time for you to waste. If your miserable with a finance degree now, you'll be pretty fucking miserable doing it for 40 hours a week, but If you've lasted this long are you sure your not depressed or something to suddenly become disinterested. If you have the money and the time for more college work then keep going and "follow your passion", meme or not. But how do you know that you won't change your major again and end up wasting more time?
>>
You've been privileged to attend college and you're going to waste it on a worthless degree?

From this point on, if you ever have to depend on anyone else for financial help because of your pathetic English degree then you're a huge faggot
>>
Just finish your shitty finance degree then put,yourself through college again for,your faggy ass English major

t. chemical engineering masterrace undergrad
>>
>>17365465
I think you could use a few "faggy ass" English classes, son.
>>
File: pe160320comb_hs.jpg (426 KB, 855x1152) Image search: [Google]
pe160320comb_hs.jpg
426 KB, 855x1152
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.