[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>grew up in shitty suburban area with nothing to do >was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: city.jpg (411 KB, 1600x1065) Image search: [Google]
city.jpg
411 KB, 1600x1065
>grew up in shitty suburban area with nothing to do
>was a shut in
>move to city thinking I'll have stuff to do now
>still a shut in

How do I carpe diem (without going broke.)

>tried joining a meetup group
>still pending acceptance 3 weeks later
>several r3ddit meetups but hate r3ddit
>phone incompatible with mememon go
>temporary NEET, job-hunting
>>
>>17362575
Just because you move to a new area doesn't mean your life is gonna change that easily. You need an actual drastic change. Like a real drastic change. Join the military or work your way up to a cool job. Better yet try to volunteer for things in your area.
>>
>>17362761

Yeah, I know I have to do something different. I messaged someone off craigslist just now for a volleyball team. I just don't know what sites are good. craigslist is kind of...lame? And redd1t is full of tryhards. 4chan is awful for meetups. I played tennis in highschool and would love to play again, but the local tennis websites all want you to be a member of the national org and have a rating and all this, I'm not competitive at all. And like I said, the first meetup group I tried to join left me hanging 3 weeks now. I applied to one more but this shit is annoying.

I'm sure as hell not joining the military, and I'm already looking for a professional job but I'll probably be working with a bunch of 40 year olds, that's not gonna give me a social life.
>>
What city?
>>
>>17362575
Join a club. Join a gym. Take a class. Do volunteer work. Meet your neighbors. Say hello to the clerk in the store you visit most.

Don't tell me this is not the sort of thing you do. The whole point is that the sort of thing you do doesn't work and you have to start doing other things.
>>
>>17362575
Omg I just left for the second time, leddit is so stupid
>>
>>17362985

I like the idea of being able to talk about niche subjects in dedicated boards, but the userbase are whiny little babies who piss their pants if you say anything that could possibly be construed as mean or offensive. If you just never read any comments it can be okay.

>>17362928
>Join a club.

Hard to find once you graduate. I'll try looking for sports/activity groups, just don't know where to look.

>>17362870

Mile in the sky.
>>
inb4 pokemon go
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.