[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, I need some advice, I'll keep this short - >Im
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: the-jester1[1].jpg (110 KB, 800x595) Image search: [Google]
the-jester1[1].jpg
110 KB, 800x595
Alright, I need some advice, I'll keep this short -

>Im a funny guy
>Every time I meet new people, they like me easily because I make nearly everyone laugh with 0 effort
>This leads to me being the 'funny guy' in most groups
>If Im not funny though, people tend to ignore me
>Don't feel like people respect me
>Feel like I'm the clown people use for entertainment then discard when they get bored/have something else to do
>Decide "Well, if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out"
>Stop talking to all my friends and disable chat in games/uninstall skype/delete facebook
>It still kinda hurts

Am I making the right choice? I just always thought I would be someone when I grew up, not just entertainment to make OTHER people laugh. Even though I enjoy making people laugh, I can't help but feel like a clown, you know? It's draining and I don't know what I get out of it.

To add icing to the cake, I was talking to a friend about a sexual experience of mine and she immediately responds with "YOU had sex?" and it just flipped a switch in my head, none of them respect me

Am I just being paranoid? Any input is welcome. I'm sure I'm not the only funny loser on the planet.
>>
If you want to be respected, you've got to be the sort of person people respect. Regardless, ditching all your friends completely sounds like a stupid move to me
>>
File: 8858433_orig[1].jpg (60 KB, 238x300) Image search: [Google]
8858433_orig[1].jpg
60 KB, 238x300
>>17361988

That's just it though, people DO respect me until I start making them laugh. It's like the moment they realize I'm funny, my professional opinion on things isn't worth anything.

Whether I'm tutoring chemistry, offering food advice or helping someone fix their car, if they think I'm funny they'll look to someone else for advice. When I DON'T talk to people, I'm all of a sudden the wise quiet man people go to for information.
>>
>>17361990
I've been in your situation. I separated myself from friends to the point that I haven't had any contact with anyone outside of my immediate family and the 4 to 6 people I only see at work. I always felt people didn't take me seriously. Same boat as you. There are pros and cons to every choice but always remember there are infinitely always two choices in this duality. Blue vs red, with us or against us, lonely/alone, them or us, positive/negative.

Oh here's the only piece of advice: appreciate everything you have, don't keep emotions bottled up, one good friend outweighs 10 decent ones, always be striving towards a goal not walking but fucking STRIVING and get good sleep 7-8 hours plus take naps when you can like after getting home from work/school/exercise etc. Bonus tip! When you are about to lay down to sleep push everything away and think nothing else matters but falling comfortably asleep at this very moment. This one is hard at first as you'll have to push away thoughts about important things but worry not, when you wake up from your slumber you'll feel more in control with your thoughts that you'll more easily be able to manage everything
>>
>>17361986

seems like your friends are toxic people. Find new friends bruh
>>
>>17361986
being genuinely funny is a skill set, trust me. I would argue it's a very rare skill set because you can't really teach someone to be funny in the same you can teach someone to write code or install car parts and many people have turned comedy into a multi-million dollar career because so very few people can do it consistently well.

I think your trouble is that you look for jokes too often, so people are unable to see a serious side in you. cutting contact with your friends is not the right solution, just understand that you're not the court jester and don't have to be the funny guy 24/7
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.