[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people other than me exist? Am I a person? Am I a person in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: zucctgcbfh.png (101 KB, 762x704) Image search: [Google]
zucctgcbfh.png
101 KB, 762x704
Do people other than me exist?
Am I a person?
Am I a person in the same way they are?
>>
>>17356924
I get you but there's no way to say that without coming off as a prententious douchebag.

But I get you. It's like there's this gap between me and other people that doesn't exist for everyone else.
>>
>>17356924
>Do people other than me exist?
Yes
>Am I a person?
Yes
>Am I a person in the same way they are?
No, you live in "different" worlds as how you perceive it differently than somebody else.

Everyone lives in their own "world" and communicates to other people's worlds that seem simular, but never really are. Some people's worlds are more distant from other worlds, which becomes clear if you try to communicate with someone that has severe autism (not the meme assburger autism that might be somewhat true, but I believe that assburger is something that has more to do with a kid's upbringing --> never learned to socialize properly, and it's getting worse because of new technology).
>>
>>17356938
philosophy of this nature has been turned into something that is viewed as being pretentious or pseudo-intellectual.

Hell, philosophy in general has had shit smeared on it in the past decades. No one likes the philosopher anymore, and for anyone to consider themselves one only serves to set them apart from everyone else.
>>
>>17356924
>Do people other than me exist?
Yes. People other than ME, I'm not so certain about, but I can account for at least one person other than you. The rest, I take as a matter of faith.

>Am I a person?
I don't see any reason to believe you are not.

>Am I a person in the same way they are?
See above.
>>
>>17356924
Do you mean solipsism? I mean... well I know I* exist, how do I know YOU exist, OP?
>>
>>17357026
I sometimed feel like I don't exist.
>>
>>17356924
There is no way of knowing anything for certain.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.