[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please tell me how I should handle this situation. I'm a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1094810298409810.jpg (114 KB, 530x308) Image search: [Google]
1094810298409810.jpg
114 KB, 530x308
Please tell me how I should handle this situation. I'm a retard.

>be 20, 21 in just 11 days
>have best friend ryan who i've known for like 15 years now
>have a thing for his 17 year old sister suzy
>we've flirted whenever we've seen each other for at least the last 6 or 7 years
>we've never done anything
>i'm into her, but I'm not sure if she feels the same way
>friend gave me his blessings to pursue her romantically one day
>apparently his family is on board with this too
>this even includes some extended family, because i get invited to all their holiday and family-related get-togethers
>hang out with ryan on wednesday night after i get home from college
>he tells me that the night before, he, his dad, and suzy, plus a few of her friends, were talking about how we seem really into each other
>she says she thinks of me as an older brother, nothing more
>nobody is convinced
>they keep telling her that we should be a thing

If it matters any, her dad has actually done the same thing to me. The pressure from him to date his daughter made me feel pretty weird about the whole thing. My friend is completely uninvested in whether I do anything about this or not

>after ryan fills me in, we go upstairs to hang out with suzy and her friends
>same friends were over the night before
>we're all drinking
>not really talking with suzy as much as I normally would
>ryan and i talking with suzy's one friend who's also really into beer

I don't know jack about beer, but Ryan likes to brew his own stuff. I was only talking to them instead of Suzy because she seemed like she didn't want to talk to me so much. Truthfully, neither did I at the time. Knowing that there was pressure for us to get together made things a little weird.

>suzy and her other friend kind of keeping to themselves on the other end of the table
>pretty good time overall

1/2
>>
Tell Suzy you need to talk to her alone. Find a quiet place without friends, neutral territory.

Tell her all you've written here. Explain you'd like to know how she feels about the situation. Let her know you'd be happy with either outcome but don't want to continue with the weird stand off caused by others interference.
>>
>i go back after thanksgiving to chill with ryan and one other friend
>we're just having a few beers and finishing off leftovers while we catch up
>ryan brings up the suzy thing to see what our other friend thought
>they both tell me that i should just talk to her about it since they think it's pretty obvious that she's into me too
>i'm not as sure about this, but i've had enough beer to feign confidence for a few minutes
>i'm hoping to see suzy there, but I found out that she was at her friend's house
>i wake up to a text from her this morning
>"Round 3 tonight?"
>i already made plans for tonight about a week ago
>"why are you doing this"
>i was drugged I had no say
>"you're not allowed to have other friends though"
>"this is inconvenient for me"
>i tell her that my friends and I were already planning to get together on saturday night, before we go back to school, so i'd probably see her then
>I want to say something to her, but I'm not sure whether it'd be super retarded to do that
>i like being friends with her, and i don't want to make it really weird to go back to my best friend's house if she doesn't feel the same way

2/2
>>
>>16507176
You really don't think that'd be a strange thing to ask of somebody? I'm usually not so blunt, but if you think it'll work I'll give it a shot
>>
>>16507200
Literally no reason not to be that straightforward m8. As long as you can articulate yourself well and don't come off as creepy it'll go just fine. Judging from how long you've known her there's no way for you to come off creepy
>>
>>16507167
Bump
>>
>>16507352
Looks like you were already answered. Just be straight forward with her and as long as you don't spill your spaghetti it'll be fine
>>
>>16507432
Tomorrow night I'll do it when I see her before I leave for college again. I'll probably report back to /adv/ either way
>>
>>16507439
Good shit. Best of luck to you m8. Just remember either she's into you or she isn't. Don't read into what she says. If she says anything but yes that means no
>>
>>16507466
I hear you. I hope that what you said manages to resonate with me if she ends up saying something that's not yes
>>
>>16507490
I hope so. If she rejects you nicely in a way that makes you think she might still be interested, and you push it, then that will just make the situation uncomfortable for both of you. If she says no you should respect her decision and then move on.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.